Thursday, January 27, 2022

Spiderman's Symbiote Was Nothing Like This!


An idea I had that I wanted to try to bring to fruition .. how well did I do? C'mon inside and see!


I think I could have done something better with this if I maybe had a few more pictures, but then again, I'm not known for writing up long and detailed stories, so perhaps it's best contained in one panel.

The thought I had, as soon as I had seen this picture back a month or two ago, was that whatever magic was happening was changing her from pure to evil, or something like that. I saved it, because I was working on Christmas captions at the time, and I'd been having good vibes, and didn't want to fuck with that.

As I wrote it though, it seemed slightly weird to me that a magic spell would be that oddly specific, to change the appearance of Erin all the time, including what she was wearing, how she was acting, etc .. What exactly was causing all that to happen?

And then I thought back to Venom's creation in the comic books, and then it came to me .. a symbiote! I really don't want to explain the backstory of the venom symbiote and Spiderman, so I hope that most of you know about it. In shorthand, Spiderman needs a costume during the Secret Wars in Battleworld, and ends up wearing a black Spidey suit that he doesn't know is sentient. It can change forms / looks and absorbs / refocuses Peter's powers .. yadda yadda!

Anyhow, that pretty much explained most of what I wanted to use within the caption, so I went with it. And it works with both genders too! I mean, what woman doesn't want an entity that can change her outfit and looks whenever it's convenient?!? Although I guess that not having to shop for clothing and shoes might not give one the "thrill of the hunt" but I'm sure there are times when changing your body is very alluring, like having smaller breasts when out for a jog, or growing to 7 feet tall when you want to reach the top shelf!

So, this could be my first symbiote caption. And since I tend not to do much scifi, I am pretty sure I can confirm that without even doing a search! Damn, I was wrong! HERE's one I did for a DIY Challenge  ..


There's also another caption, from 2012, that is latex in origin and somewhat symbiotic, but more of a toxin that was making the changes. You can find the write-up for that one HERE as well.

Please do let me know what you think about this blog exclusive. You could also comment on the older caption as well. Hope everyone is safe out there this weekend if you are in the path of the bombogenesis storm, and yes, it's ONE letter away from being a much better weather related TG event that we could all get behind!



6 comments:

  1. I think I've got a draft for a symbiote caption of my own somewhere... Don't remember how far I got in it, perhaps I might dust it off and post it sometime soon.

    And your cap is absolutely superb! And the expression on the model's face absolutely sells it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it. I knew that with that photo, the worst I could do is hit a triple. Just MADE to be a TG caption!

      I'll definitely be on the lookout for your symbiote caption then! Perhaps it is underutilized in our TF realm, maybe because it's not nearly as well defined as some other motifs? In that way, I bet it could be much more flexible in how we wish to use it.

      Delete
  2. A Venom/symbiote cap....
    Why didn't I think of that!!!
    I liked the new one but I loved the older one....I can't imagine how I'd turn out in nu-skin!!!!
    So many fantasies....I might overwhelm it!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never really a big Marvel fan. In fact, I haven't seen ANY of the new Marvel cinematic universe movies, and that's been around now for what, 20 years?!?

      But I did collect comic books in the late 80's - early 90's, so I knew about Venom and Spiderman and how that all worked. I think the model's outfit really brought it to the forefront, as if the color black was spreading out and covering the white parts .. which also was the color scheme of Venom. The horny / red parts of course reflect Carnage.

      I definitely agree with the older one too though. I believe the model is Violet from Southern Charms, who is no longer there, but still in my top 5 favorite Charms that have ever been on that site. And feeding a symbiote with lust is an inspired choice of co-existence!

      Delete
  3. A symbiote caption ... a first to my knowledge, so gender change here is novel and fun of course, so kudos to you.

    Despite Erins shocked face, she's enjoying it and will too the prowl.

    Symbiotes cropped up in Star Trek DS9, Curzon/Jadzia-Dax. Hence, for another TG Caption, a symbiote could be something like that, internal being rather than a suit or Entity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'd have to look up who that character is, as DS9 was not a Star Trek series that I watched a lot of. When I think of internal beings inside someone else, I tend to think of Krang from TMNT, so I might have to rethink that!

      Delete