Sunday, March 31, 2024

I am Not Going to MAKE UP This Story. I Promise!


Not quite "Ripped from the Headlines," but the whole premise is true, I swear!


I think it was about a week or two ago, when I saw a news story about these Amazon storefronts, and also on other sites like Poshmark, that were selling high-end beauty products for dirt cheap prices. As it tends to happen, either they are stolen goods, or knock-offs, and in this case, they were the real deal. Stores like Ulta and Sephora called in the feds, and they led stings that went from the actual people doing the stealing up to the ones running the online stores themselves, where they were netting millions of dollars.

SO I was wandering around Pinterest this morning, and saw some AI images of s!ssies being forced to wear makeup at store counters, and thought .. hmmm, I think I can work with this .. but needed to use some actual photos for the caption. Then the news article came into my head, and I went and merged the story thought with the images I searched out to come up with the plot you just read.

And yes, it's completely a Fictionmania or Haven plotline, but damn if it doesn't still work for me, even after all these years reading TG stories and captions. Side note, I have no idea why a store like Ulta doesn't make women leave their purse up front with a door-person or something so items won't just walk away so much? My forever person didn't wear makeup, so I tended to never even walk into a store like that, so maybe they do and I just don't know about it?

I realize NOW that I should have cut it down more on the right side, as I really went text heavy to the left. When I made the caption setting, it WAS balanced, but I didn't realize I'd have so much of a story to plot out, and I'm not found of the "negative space between Daniella's rack and the makeup sample rack either. Oh well, I guess. I'm not about to redo the entire caption, as I'm really not THAT anal. Especially after making 2,700 or so TG caption panels. 


Was there any doubt as to what song I'd be picking to go with this post? For some reason, it's hard to find 
the original video, which does fit the theme of the caption even better, but Dave Navarro is a beast here 
in this live clip from Jools Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment