Sunday, January 29, 2023

Things Are Still Cliquey in School .. but Still Very Different!


This story is a little bit different than the usual fare here .. but still worth the read!


Sometimes on Evie's Emporium, people will post pictures for a caption challenge, and I'll partake from time to time to keep my creativity sharp. I'll take a quick gander at the photo, and if I think it's somewhere near my wheelhouse, I'll give myself 20 minutes to create a caption, and post to the discord channel.

Something to know about Evie's Emporium, is that they specialize in what I'd call, "bitchification" where either F-F or M-F transforms happen where a character goes from being taken advantage of, to becoming much more of an alpha presence, so that was the idea I had in mind going into writing the plot.

And I ended up going with a POV (point-of-view) caption so that the reader could place themselves into the story, and your dialog is at the end, in yellow. I tried to match each character's voice with the pen they were holding, but green didn't really show up too well at all, so her speech is in white.

I kind of like the idea that nowadays, lackeys do get promoted for all their work to help out the "beautiful people" to the point where they can become a part of the clique. And with the subject matter, I leaned into using a quote from "Heathers" at the end, to signify the loosening of acceptance like Winona did at the end of the movie.

So, does this scenario appeal to you? Want to rise in the ranks by using your inner bee-otch and femininity to get what you want in life? Let me know. as I do tend to work with this kink now and again.


Many songs age well .. this is NOT one of them!

6 comments:

  1. Love the POV caption. I'd join the clique in HS without hesitation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure that anyone, unless they were the big man on campus, could turn that down, right?

      Delete
  2. I'd join too! I just love these Scottish plaid school girl skirts. Wish I had the body to wear them! I'd have a collection of the different tartans! Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky that I never had to wear a school uniform. They came into play for public schools after I had graduated. If I was forced to do so, it'd definitely be one of these outfits!

      Delete
  3. Is a scenario appeal to me. Great POV caption and pic. Love that they are talking to the reader. I was always intrigued by how girls come up with bitchy cliquey conversations. The last line is the sweet spot, literally, as you'd be not quite as nice as Mthr Trsa tho defo more like those three. I love the shoes the pink pen'd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are all wearing the same heeled mary jane shoes. It's just that you can see her shoes better I think because of the hosiery.

      And there is nothing more cutting than a teenage girl's comments. There have been times where I hear my daughter talk, and I'm thinking, "Damn! She's more vicious than Don Rickles!"

      Delete