Sunday, December 30, 2018

Working on New Year's Eve .. Again? You Need a Permanent Vacation!


Everyone needs to relax a bit and not stress out, don't you think? Start 2019 on a good footing!


Most of this is a repost from the very beginning of 2015. Didn't have time today to write something up so why not revisit a caption from a few years ago?

Here's what I said then, and some of it is eerily similar to what is going to happen on Monday.

This caption was inspired by my half-day of work today. I was doing what needed to be done, and around 11:30 AM, I realized that I didn't need to do anything more and whatever was left could be taken care of on Friday, so I vamoosed and closed down the office. The GF has to work until 9 PM tonight, unless her slave drivers let her leave early, but that didn't give us much of a chance to set up plans for going out, so we will probably head to a friend's house to watch the apple descend at midnight, and then head home a bit afterwards before all the drunken assholes get on the road.

 Well, I have 3 hours left of vacation, so I am going to plan on leaving early if I can get everything done on time .. barring anything major happening, it should be fairly quiet in the office. That will give me a bit of time to hit a store or two and pick up some groceries. Then hopefully, I'll have some time to myself and maybe write a few captions! Not sure if I will post tomorrow night. You should probably check in to find out!


6 comments:

  1. Still a great cap, Dee.
    A zalig uiteinde en een gelukkig nieuwjaar to you and your readers. For those who missed it back then, the translation is in the original post ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to save that in case I posted something tonight!

      Thank you though for posting it now! And a Happy and Safe New Year to you and your family and loved ones!

      Delete
  2. Great cap - I had to read the last paragraph twice (not enough caffeine yet), but it totally clicked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you finally got it! I don't do caffeine, so a nice shower in the morning with PepperMint Dr. Bronner's Organic Pure-Castille Soap Scrub does it for me.

      Hmmm, maybe I should try to sell commercials on the blog? LOL

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Sometimes I wonder if people go back into the 'dark'hives and look at old captions. Maybe I'll try to repost more of them when I don't have the time for a new posting.

      Delete