Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year's ... Mutual Wishes Make More Potent Wishes!


Hope everyone is safe tonight, and well hydrated on New Year's Day! It's a no hangover zone here!


Made this one for Lacy on the Haven. I think I've made a number of NYE captions for her, so I wanted to keep up the tradition. And the December holidays do hold a lot of traditions, don't they?

This might be the last caption I make in 2018. I don't plan on doing another before the clock strikes midnight, but who knows? This will be post #200 for 2018 so that is a nice round number to end the year I think, and sounds about right for a projected goal in 2019.

So, as I've done in the past, here is something I got from Helena and will share with you again.

Over here we have a seasons greeting, "Zalig uiteinde" meaning as much as a blissful ending of the year, combined with a happy new year. I can't recall ever hearing or reading of a similar greeting in English, so to a good Dutch custom: A blissful ending of the year, and a happy new year.
For each and every visitor, commenter, and fellow captioner, I wish you "Zalig uiteinde!!"


BTW, I know there is a watermark on the picture, I blurred out the part on the shoulder, but didn't want to mess around too much with the photo, AND you can only really see it when it's blown up big on the screen.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Dee!!!!
    My only issue with this cap is why just on the weekend....if that was my wish it would be for all day 24/7/365!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Lacy's wife is definitely NOT like yours. I wanted to make it somewhat realistic, even with the magic implications. It seemed that the wish I crafted for them might be the best case scenario, at least the way I was picturing it.

      And Happy New Year Sweetie! We get to renew our sisterhood for yet another year!

      Delete
  2. I raise my glass to this cap and the New Year.

    It always raises my spirits when I know I touched someone on some way, even if it is with something small

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never know how much you can touch someone, even with a small gesture like a comment or making someone a caption. I've known a few captioners that were ready to give it up, and that one little "I love this caption!" made all the difference.

      And I also enjoy knowing many international friends like you, Joanna and Nadine. It gives me balance that there's more than just one country in the world .. and that they realize that many Americans are much more friendly than our current leaders would let on.

      You'll touch me even more if you can tell me how that saying is pronounced phonetically!

      Delete
  3. Happy New year!

    At least they don't have to worry about sharing outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something else I hadn't thought about! They do seem to be the same size. Perhaps his wife is even taller than he is there!

      Delete