Tuesday, November 6, 2018

You Say the Word "Blackmail" Like It's Some Sort of Bad Word!


Well, it's not really blackmail, and you could have protested further! TWO versions in ONE blog post!


The first version you will read is the edited version. The second is the original "complete" story.


To me, I like the edited version better, because it's much more readable and still gets the point across. I included the original alternative one here as well, which has a bit more elaboration about exactly what happened, but is condensed so tightly into the caption, it becomes harder to read.

I don't like to think that either one is actually truly forced, and hope it didn't scan that way to others, but there is definitely more going on in the original, and shows Dee not wanting to cause harm as her job is still tied into his company, even though she's "reversed" roles. In the edited version, she's more indifferent.I was trying to make the workplace like a typical Belladonna site, where the boss has maybe one or two people working for him, but it's probably HIS company that he's grown since it was started, or took over the family business.

Well, I made it for Lacy, so what did she think? "I actually like both.  It does help fill out the story.  Plus, love the lacy slip.  I do not know how I could have been so careless on the perfume side.  But, I do like to dress and that got the best of me."

I am glad she enjoyed it, because she isn't much into being forced into a situation .. and I think this is still more of a push towards the conclusion he wanted to be in, at least subconsciously. Then again, with that POV photo, I think most people will enjoy at least one of the versions.

So, it's Election Day here in America. Which version do you like better? Let me know your choice AND why, because every voice should be heard! No matter how the votes turn out here, I'll still be happy, which could be more than I could say when I wake up tomorrow morning to see how the mid-terms came out. I think I'll be much happier with some results here in the comment section below!


3 comments:

  1. I agree. As much as I like knowing all the details, I think the simpler caption works best here. More direct, more to the point, and perfect right where it ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the assessment. The perfume was the indicator for Dee that someone had been wearing her clothing .. but it really didn't need to be in the story. And there are more implications that can float around and breathe in the edited version where people can fill in their own details.

      Delete
  2. I actually like them both. They provided the additional context for the caption. Plus, seeing the lacy slip twice was double the pleasure.

    ReplyDelete