Thursday, November 8, 2018

Saltwater Brainwashing .. Rinse and Repeat!


Hope this throws a few people a bit of a curve, including it's recipient!


Well, a few sets of curves at least!

I am not quite sure of the genesis of this caption, as it was started a few weeks ago when I put the picture in a caption setting and poured out the basics of the caption. *SPOILER ALERT* I thought that it would be a good twist if I could start a TG caption out, well what LOOKED like a TG caption, with the standard set-up .. walk the reader down the hallway a bit, around the corner, and then spring the actual plot onto them.

There's TWO layers of TG caption to be had, which is a bargain. For one person, it's a POV where they are looking at the photo of the caption, and then the other part, where the assistant figures out just what exactly has been going on. It is sort of a quasi-meta caption I think, but you don't know about it being one until it actually does become meta. Maybe it's self-aware, like some sort of femininity inducing SkyNet?!?

The hardest part was to make sure we didn't lose any of the dialog in the actual photo. That can happen when you get a picture that is bright and you need multiple colored fonts so everyone can keep track of who is who .. and I needed to have THREE people talking to set it up properly.

So, did everyone out there follow along well enough that you saw the setup as it was coming, or was it a bit of a surprise? I know that I tend to swap and switch things up so I wonder if you always look for some sort of Shyamalan twist. Did it make the caption better? I think so as I always thought of the plot being structured this way and I'm not sure where I would have went otherwise. Perhaps some of you might want to write how it could have turned out different? Just tell me what you think and I'll be a happy camper, or beach dweller no matter what you write!


2 comments:

  1. I love the twist the third voice interjects into the caption - it kind of confirms the physical manifestation of what, up to that point, is just an intellectual tease. While it could have been fun to leave it open, and wonder if the 2nd voice has been fully feminized or just brainwashed, but I like the broader story and the confirmation you have done it a few times . . . successfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you figured it out, as I ended up out-curving myself, literally! I put the names "Dee" and "Suzanne" in the wrong spot, so the person that was supposed to have been changed into a woman, ended up being someone that changed me! I just fixed it now.

      Delete