Sunday, November 11, 2018

Never Confuse Stereotypes with Comfort!


Wanted to make a nice, casual caption that was comfy and warm. Hope I succeeded.


Made this for Jennifer Elizabeth, aka the caption artist formerly known as Jillisa. She has come out recently to some family members and friends, and I hope that this sort of situation is how things will turn out. Well, other than it seems like more of a magical transformation that was very much welcomed on Jeff's part, as referenced mostly by the last 2 paragraphs.

And these are what I can consider GOOD stereotypes. I bust my daughter for falling into many of the same ones I used in this caption, but it's all pretty harmless ... and many girls rock the look quite well .. if they are awake at least. I have been into Dunkin Donuts quite often for breakfast sandwiches (I don't actually drink coffee, and neither does Jenniger Elizabeth!) and there's a small line of zombie girls ordering their pumpkin spice lattes to go, all in The North Face jackets, hair up in a bun.

I actually look forward to it every Autumn / Winter. Like watching the salmon run or the foliage changing colors before falling to the ground, it's fun to look at the girls and wonder if I would ever be like that if things had turned out a bit differently. I am pretty sure it'd be a LEATHER jacket though I rocked, to go with the yoga pants!


Sorry I haven't been around much. Been busy, and in a good way. Having to do some GOOD family stuff in support of my daughter. Next weekend will probably be more of the same so if you need to hit me up, during the week is the best time! Leave me a message in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I love the baggy sweater and the scarf, but I could never rock the Uggs. Give me a good pair of heeled leather boots. :)

    On a side note, way to go, Jennifer Elizabeth! Best wishes, and warmest hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been an uggs fan either, but in the new millennium, no matter how much Tom Brady might protest, Uggs in general are feminine footwear. When we are making TG captions, we take what we can get with gendered wardrobes now. I still say that within a few years, Utili-kilts will be a big thing for guys!

      Leather boots are great, but I can see how much of a pain it would be to try to put them on .. just to run down to the coffee shop and grab a Sunday newspaper. Why not just wear overblown, weatherproof slipper on your feet?

      Delete
  2. When Uggs first came out, they only were for women.... but when I bought some as a gift, they had instructions of how men might be interested, and how to figure their size in women's boots.... I thought that was interesting.... (though IIRC they only went to a womens' 10, excluding most men)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that, as my daughter usually gets the imitation Uggs. I am so glad that I get to learn new information every day!

      Delete