Friday, August 10, 2018

Hit Up Simone's Website .. For All Your Red Plastic Chair Needs!


Only from the mind of Dee, could a caption like this exist! Come inside and read why!



Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but could you picture anyone else looking at this photo and coming up with THIS idea? Yeah, probably just me! Looking at the picture, I thought, pretty enough woman, but WHY THE HELL is there like 200 plastic red chairs in the background?!?

I just KNEW there had to be a story behind that. I mean, all the same chair, and they all match perfectly. Why not have them all be black or white, or a multitude of colors? Red seemed like such an arbitrary color.

I also knew that I'd have to write it for someone that I've known for quite some time and wouldn't mind a quirky as fuck caption heading their way. Because of that, I just KNEW that it had to be for Simone. Of all the people left on the Haven, I think she has figured out my mindset better than anyone else, so why not share in my lunacy?

The hardest part was to not overwrite it .. and truthfully .. make sure that you can SEE all the extra chair behind her. Otherwise, you are taking an assumption that there are more chairs than just the 2 you see in the forefront. And since I'm writing this on my work computer, I am NOT seeing them as well as I did on my 4k 40" monitor at home. Urrgghh! If I get time, I'll upload the original, if I still have it, so you can see what I did before putting the words over it.

.. and for those wondering, this is possibly only the 2nd or 3rd time that I've ADDED a watermark instead of cutting one out! Usually it is all about removing those pesky things!

Should be back on Sunday night. Hope everyone hasn't melted from all the humidity!

4 comments:

  1. I was a salesperson once....I used to be the one that could "sell refrigerators to eskimos" but those days are gone!!! I'm as guilty of it as anyone else is these days....if Amazon doesn't have it I don't need it! Well except for lingerie and girly things....because buying those in person still give me that little bit of humiliation and thrill!
    But I can see the idea....make a great deal on something like red chairs and as soon as you try to sell them you find that Amazon is selling them cheaper and shipping them faster....perhaps the personal touch is needed in another way....each chair comes with something the buyer can't get from Amazon.....yet...
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you understood the premise, and that was part of why I had fun making it. Sometimes salespeople can get really cocky about how skilled they are, even in a much different retail world.

      Plus in a way, it reminded me of Spatula City from Weird Al's movie, "UHF"!

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of chairs to get rid of! But why be in a hurry to revert from being a beautiful woman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is often the conundrum with TG captions, isn't it?

      Delete