Sunday, August 12, 2018

A Christmas Story - Retold! What if Aunt Clara Was Right All Along?!?


Well, it wasn't the pink Bunny pajamas that did Ralphie in though!


This is a holdover caption since I don't think I'll have had any time to make a caption over the weekend, and a blog exclusive. I had the quote from the movie first, then worked my way back. Honestly, I had forgotten about Aunt Clara until about 80 percent through the caption, hence why I didn't use anything to do with her at all, other than the title. Talk about missing the forest for the trees eh? I'll blame it on needing a real vacation, and not getting one. I need to recharge some batteries!

EDIT: I went and made the change, where Aunt Clara is now the one that gave him the makeup kit at the end. Why not? It's a better caption now I think, especially if you remember the pink bunny PJ's from the movie and the actual line, "Aunt Clara had for years labored under the delusion that I was not only perpetually 4 years old, but also a girl."

I will comment on anything that people mentioned in the comment section of the last caption I posted on Firday night if I can. Supposed to be heavy thunder storms and flooding on the way back from our weekend jaunt, so as I mentioned above, this was a post created on the likely chance that I was exhausted or busy from all the "fun" I am supposed to have whilst traveling on Sat and Sun.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. If you have kids, I hope they are almost ready for school, as I'm sure all you parents are extremely glad their summer is almost over!

For creators, how many times have you made a caption, published it, then looked at it and was like, "Dammit, I should have added BLANK to it?" Does it happen often and do you end up making the changes anyway, even after someone received it and liked it?

For readers, have you ever seen a TG story or caption that had been changed/updated .. and you were like, "Dammit, why did they change it? It was so much better before they went and Lucased it up!"


2 comments:

  1. Fun cap. I guess it's better to poke your eye out, than to shoot it out :)

    I've had a few times when I corrected a mistake after I already posted it and several times I was already busy with the post, and changed something before actually posting it. But the time I wanted to add something to a caption after I posted it, I already got a nice comment on it, that wouldn't make sense if I changed my caption. So I left it at that.

    So far the captions I read that have been changed I was too late to read the original, so I don't know which one was better. I did post two versions of a cap in one post once because I couldn't decide which was best, but that was just about the layout, not the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know that others will change things, but usually not after others have already seen and commented on it.

      Delete