Wednesday, October 2, 2024

When Men Were Men .. Were They REALLY the Good Old Days?


Sometimes you can really learn from your elders!


I don't know any hairdressers now, in the past I knew a stripper that also worked at a salon during the day, but I'm wondering how much work they are actually getting, especially the steady weekly customers that used to frequent the beauty parlors like they did back in the day. I can remember my grandmother fretting when she would need to switch an appointment to a different time, as literally every stylist was booked solid .. and the only one with open slots was the "new girl". 

I wonder if Barber Shops have become the new "beauty parlors" where guys have appointments the same time each week, to touch up their hair and keep it neat and clean. I would have no idea, as I've been shaving my head for 20 years now. But I would guess it's just one of the many things that have blurred the lines of traditional gender roles as the manner of life evolves from mid 20th century upwards towards where we are now.

What says you, those who lurk in the comment section?!? Do you expect us to have a fashion revolution soon, where vintage clothing comes back again? It's honestly been quite a while since I have seen that happen. Could JNCO jeans make a serious comeback or chunky heels? "Frankie Says Relax" shirts and leg warmers?



No comments:

Post a Comment