Sunday, February 18, 2024

Gonna Wash That "MAN" Right Out of My ...


.. well not exactly the way the song wants, but trust me, it works in a TG caption!


We were getting a snow storm today, and while I was working from home, I decided to see if I could make a quickie caption too, (I was compiling video for my work's social media presence) and went searching for a good image. I went down a rabbit hole, then found a picture that sparked this plot in my mind, then went searching for other shower pictures that could work better. (note: Made this caption and blog post on a Tuesday, then decided to go with a different one on Wednesday!)

Luckily, there are a TON of good shower pictures, and I liked this one, because her eyes are closed, and it looks like she's pondering something. So, for the 2nd caption in a row. I'm using the "extra" spaces in the image, and using it to place the text directly onto it. I feel like that works better when you are making quickies that only involve a few sentences, as it can also draw the reader into that moment better than looking at the picture, then reading the blocks of text on the side, then coming back to the photo.

And now that I've written up this blog post, it's now time for me to hop in the shower, as I am done shoveling for the night, and need to make my muscles feel better. Would I want the outcome above as what happens to me when I'm finished with the hot, steamy water? I'm not against it, especially if I can have a full head of long hair again .. I'm all for it!


Who needs some PJ Harvey in their life right now? We ALL need some Polly Jean!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard of a *shower cap* before but this is ridiculous! [waves cigar]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that really is *fully* refreshed!

    ReplyDelete