Thursday, August 3, 2023

An Adventure Writing a Story with AI

I didn't write the caption .. for the 1st and last time .. So can AI write something with my flair? Nyet!


And by "Nyet" I mean, Not Yet, and hopefully Not Ever! Read below about some of my adventures with AI.

Someone at Rachel's Haven talked about making up TG stories via ChatGBT and how she could get decent stories from them. One idea she fleshed out seemed really cool to me, and told her I'd love to read what the AI created with that set of boundaries she provided to it.

Another person mentioned a few sites that would do the same thing, so I wandered over to one and sort of entered the idea that I had conjured out of the original posting, about being turned into a "Karen".

Here's what I supplied as Guides for the AI to craft the story:

PLOT: Damien slowly finds himself changing physically and mentally from a teenage boy into a divorced, attractive woman in her late 30's who always wears dresses and high heels. Damien fights it, but forces keep conspiring to lock him permanently into a feminine trap.

CHARACTERS: Damien - a tall teenage boy with a shaved head who goes to college on a scholarship because he can't afford it otherwise. He slowly transforms into Deidre.

Deidre - a rich, divorced woman with long blonde hair. She is quite short and has the body of a fitness model. She dates a lot of men, but strings them along as a bit of a gold digger. She loves to get manicures and pedicures, and has her hair styled once a week. She attends Yoga class a few times a week, and loves to go shopping, and trying on expensive clothing. She does not treat clerks very well. 

SETTING: The story starts out in a college. Then it moves to a coffee shop off campus. From there, the plot moves to Deidre's house, afterwards stopping at a beauty salon, the mall, and then concludes in Deidre's bedroom, where she gets ready for bed in lingerie she bought at a fancy department store.

You won't get a complete story unless you pay money(actually you can sign up for free using an email account, so I ended up using my Dee Mentia one) .. so out of the options, listed I asked for a Story Chapter, with a THEME of "Physical and Mental Transformation" a DARK tone, and up to 30 percent dialog.

Here is what it first generated for me:


Chapter 3: The Allure of Deidre

Damien sat in his college dorm room, staring at his reflection in the mirror. The transformation he was undergoing was unfathomable. What began as subtle changes were now manifesting in full force. His body, once lean and muscular, was now curvaceous and feminine. Long blonde locks cascaded down his shoulders, framing his face in a way that he couldn't help but find enticing. He tugged at the dress he wore, its fabric clinging to him like a second skin. 

As Damien reluctantly made his way through campus, he couldn't escape the stares. Whispers followed him, curiosity and judgment in equal measure. He felt exposed, vulnerable, as if his very essence had been laid bare for the world to see. He sought solace in the familiar comfort of a nearby coffee shop.

Entering the cozy establishment, Damien caught sight of a reflection in the polished glass windows. It was Deidre, the woman he was becoming. The confidence in her stride, the allure in her gaze, captivated him. She was a woman unapologetically embracing her femininity. A woman who knew the power she held over men, reveling in it without remorse.

"May I take your order?" 

The barista snapped Damien back to reality, his voice tinged with annoyance. Damien stammered, fumbling through his words, unable to tear his gaze away from the captivating image reflected on the glass.

In the cocoon of Deidre's opulent house, Damien marveled at the luxury that now surrounded him. A closet bursting with designer clothing, shelves filled with perfectly manicured shoes—every aspect of Deidre's existence paralleled her voracious appetite for beauty and opulence.

A pang of guilt coursed through Damien's veins as he witnessed Deidre's caustic treatment of the salon attendants. The power imbalance between them, the wealthy Deidre and the simpering clerks, fueled her sense of superiority. She reveled in the control she exerted over those she deemed beneath her.

The mall was a playground for Deidre, her eyes alight with desire as she perused the racks of expensive clothing. Each piece she adorned was a reinforcement of the woman she had become—a woman who reveled in her femininity, exploiting it to her advantage. 

In the depths of Deidre's bedroom, Damien carefully chose the alluring ... and then it ended!


So, I ended up signing in with my google account, and got a "full story" from the same prompts from the first time around. What it generated isn't that much longer than what I posted above. Here's what the second version looks like:


Damien sat in the back of the college lecture hall, feeling a wave of unease wash over him. He clutched the edge of his desk, his fingers trembling. Something strange was happening to him, something he couldn't explain or understand.

As the days went by, Damien's body began to change. His once muscular frame shrank, his broad shoulders slimmed down, and his face softened. Thick locks of jet-black hair sprouted from his head, cascading down his shoulders. His voice, once deep and commanding, now became high-pitched and delicate.

Confusion and fear consumed Damien. He refused to accept the transformation that was taking place. Afternoons turned into evenings, and Damien found himself in a coffee shop, desperately searching for answers.

Sitting alone at a corner table, Damien tried to wrap his mind around what was happening. It was then that he noticed a woman sitting across from him, her eyes glittering with curiosity.

"Hi there," the woman said, her voice carrying a hint of arrogance. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with yourself. You're Damien, right?"

Damien nodded cautiously, studying the woman's flawless appearance. Her long, blonde locks framed her sculpted face, and her body screamed fitness and money.

"My name is Deidre," she purred, sipping her latte with practiced elegance. "I've been watching you, Damien. You're going through a transformation into something beautiful."

Damien's eyes widened, his mind reeling from her words. "But... why? What's happening to me?"

Deidre let out a haughty laugh, her perfectly manicured nails tapping against the porcelain cup. "Isn't it obvious, dear? You're becoming me. Damien is slowly fading away, and soon, Deidre will take over completely."

Damien's heart raced, his palms growing clammy. This was insane, impossible. Yet, everything pointed to the truth of her words.

Days turned into weeks, and Deidre became Damien's reluctant guide through this twisted metamorphosis. She took him to high-end boutiques, where exquisite dresses and towering high heels adorned his new form. She dragged him to yoga classes, where he struggled to contort his unfamiliar body.

But with each passing day, Damien became more like Deidre. The allure of luxurious shopping sprees, perfectly styled hair, and the power that came with her bombshell appearance.


While authors who create novels won't have to worry that much at the moment .. us TG captioners should definitely have some concern. The AI seems to do a good job of taking prompts and generating a small blurb that gets the point across, and someone could take what it creates, tweak it, and have a very serviceable caption.

I tried a few others, and might post their "short stories" in the next week or two. It is an interesting thought experiment Each of them seems to have a "congeniality guide" that turns almost anything negative or non-c0nsensual into a happy ending, where everyone ends up happier and more fulfilled. I'm guessing that perhaps it's some sort of self-governing regulator built in, so that it doesn't go all EVIL like some of the earlier AI we've seen written about, where negativity makes it go haywire. We'll see where it leads.

So, should AI be used more to create fiction for us with fetishes, or should it be more of a device inside stories and captions where it cajoles and changes us to what it sees as a better solution? Let me know in the comments, and perhaps it could lead to a future posting here on my blog!


Who is not to say that Mr. Roboto is behind all the AI TG captions coming out now? Hmmm, let's see ..

You're wondering who I am (secret secret I've got a secret)

Machine or mannequin (secret secret I've got a secret)

With parts made in Japan (secret secret I've got a secret)

I am the modern man

I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin

My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.

So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised

I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide

To keep me alive, just keep me alive

Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

4 comments:

  1. Hmm good and all as it is, it is lacking more than a little, just can't put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, like most AI art I've seen, there seems to be a lack of "humanity" in it, though a few other pieces I've cued up, do have some nice flow. another thing with the AI stories is that it has that "high school composition" feel where students are hitting all the bases of what the story needs to be, but just stringing them together. Then again, I know the cues I've given the computer, so maybe my knowing how the sausage was made increases my bias about it.

      Delete
  2. I think, much like AI Art, AI Composition has a long way to go. At least for writers looking for a shortcut between idea and finished product. In your trial here, I liked the setup you put and was imagining a very ‘Dee’ style cap. What came out was not very ‘Dee’ at all. Yeah, it followed the beats, but I’m assuming it didn’t tell the story you intended and certainly didn’t write it in your tone.

    That being said, I don’t think AI Art or AI Composition is a bad thing in itself. There are plenty of people out there that have good ideas for stories or art but don’t have the innate skills. With AI’s help, they can make something serviceable. It might even, depending on their effort into prepping the AI and effort into editing the finished product, make something ‘good’. If it makes something that’s even serviceable, it’s new art (visual or written) that wouldn’t have existed before.

    That being said, I have no plans on even playing with AI. I can’t find any AI Art that isn’t obviously AI with more than a moment’s look, so I’d rather go with photographic beauty. And with this AI composition, well, I’d just rather have my cap or story have my vision and tone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said in the previous comment I made, it has that "High School Composition" feel, where it's relatively competent, but has no feeling. It just hits all the points that need to be said, and there's no soul or style.

      AI art, in the hands of someone like Licy, usually looks good, but for someone like me, who doesn't feel like adjusting and tweaking the prompts .. like you, I'd rather just get a photo and let it tell me the story.

      Glad you swung by the blog and took some time to comment. Miss you much, young lady!

      Delete