Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Someday the Image Will Match the Dream


Does the mirror lie, or does it not tell you the truth you'd like to hear?


I guess this is a more pensive caption than most I make. It's relatively serious, even with a lovely model gazing at her lovely self. Youth is definitely on her side at this point when the photo was taken. I do wonder though if she liked everything that she saw in that reflection, even if the person taking the picture was telling her how wonderful she looked.

The outfit lead me to make a guess as to what she was going to be doing soon enough .. and it got me to think about the sacrifices that many people in our little corner of the internet have to make when they decide that their outsides should match how they feel inside. So much ridicule, so much compromises, and just things that they wouldn't normally do, but end up doing it anyway and they need to "go along to get along."

So I tried to balance the melancholy mood with one of eternal hope, that all the shit that piles up for you all out there, ends up being worth it. That there's a bit of positivity when you need it most, when you are at your lowest point, and want to give up. You've got to keep fighting to get to the "best" you that you can be.

It's taken me far too long to realize that I really should be living for myself, and a few other loved ones. That you need to be true to yourself and own your life. Non one else has to live it, and you need to be true to yourself. the worst thing is to let others dictate who you are. Be yourself .. fully. Strive to BE that person you think you are, and if others don't see it .. that's THEIR problem, not yours. Don't look back with regret. Look forward with hops that all your dreams will come true.



No comments:

Post a Comment