Thursday, March 16, 2023

The Ugly American .. Well, Maybe Not Ugly!


Are you trying to say that Miss Dee is NOT cultured and worldly beyond compare? How dare you!


I am completely couth, and housebroken too!

This is a little quickie that I tossed off a few minutes ago so I would have something to post. And I sort of stole the whole idea from a line that was in one of my favorite movies of all time .. CLUE.

I mean, if Dee is going to have a body (Natasha Nice) like this one, and damn, I would LOVE to have a body like this one(!) why not dress up in a kicky scarf and beret? Well, I saw this picture and just knew I could make something funny, while also taking a shot at self-deprecating humor too. I don't have a passport, and have rarely travelled much since I've been here on the planet. So in a way, I AM an ugly American. I CAN picture my dad wandering around Europe though, and just being clumsily "dadding" around France, Italy, or other places in Europe. "Hey buddy, give me a discount! We saved your asses in Dubya-Dubya TWO!"

So, it's only right that Dee would answer a French maid by speaking in Spanish. Now where are my plate of French fries, eh garcon?

And I know that I haven't posted much recently. To be honest, the whole "community guidelines" thing has me unmotivated to create captions or post here. It really sucks that out of the blue, they are just stifling my creativity .. not so much on the captions, as they can't seem to read what is in a jpg .. so far at least .. but what I can say about them in my discussions. And what they are finding objectionable, I haven't a clue. That is what is most frustrating about it all. It just seems random and arbitrary. 

It doesn't help that I'm hitting a certain time in the calendar where I am at my most depressed. We are getting to the point in time where I lost my forever person back in 2020. Usually this can be an escape, and I don't want to lose this, but I don't plan on making my own website, and I'm not sure where else I could go and do this if I couldn't do it here either. I've built up a fanbase over the last 15 years that knows me from the Haven and this blog. Starting "over" again does not appeal to me. 

Well, hopefully this is another drop in the bucket, some regulatory agency is looking over their shoulder for a bit, and then we can slide back in under the radar. Fingers crossed!



7 comments:

  1. There and I thought from the title you found a pic of me... this cap... ooo la la

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! And of course, ugly mean the way people act, not the way they look. There's something in everyone that is attractive. the wise people see that first.

      Delete
  2. That's a hilarious way to lay low. Who wouldn't want to try it.
    Mucho bueno, très bon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am mostly French, with much of that being French Canadian in me .. but I SUCK at French. I tried taking it in college, and it ended up being an immersion class (no talking in English except for the last 5 minutes of each class.) At the end of the semester I had a 52 as a final grade. Spanish was much easier for me!

      Delete
  3. Ooh la la! Tres sexy. :)

    Yeah, I'm keeping my eye on all things Blogger too. From what I read, the new security/privacy crackdowns are to comply with European legislation, but it's certainly hurt my traffic. I could start over again on Wordpress, but that's SO MUCH WORK. It's daunting. It makes me nauseous.

    More importantly, however, remember you're not alone as that date approaches. Reach out anytime to chat, vent, reminisce, whatever. I'm here for you, Dee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted this about 3 days ago, and it's yet to hit 1K in views. That's about half of what I would usually get during my "heyday" which wasn't that long ago. I mean, maybe I'm not at the top of my game anymore, but literally 2 months ago, I was still doing VERY well. I completely blame G00gle.

      And thanks! I appreciate it. Another reason why I try to make this as much of a community as possible.

      Delete
    2. Other platforms are also gone OTT with moderation because of more regulation - some of which is needed of course. Granted for example with p1nt3r35t, but they've literally removed tons of content recently. Some was definitely inappropriate items per recent nbseeNuze and S3n4t0r calls, so is good to be gone.

      Delete