Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes ..


.. While your head screams, "Wait? WHAT?!?"


Hey, it's a caption from over 7 years ago. Maybe it's not 20 years, like in the plot, but I've been doing this for over 10 years now. Whoa! So I've got a big catalog of works that many of you probably haven't seen, unless you've hit the D'arkhives big time. There were comments from Simone, Caitlyn, Ian and Stephie, so unless you are one of them, this caption might just be new to you, so comment away. And if you ARE one of those people, why not comment again?!?

Here's what I had to say back then:

Made a caption for Sarine this afternoon. Found the photo whilst web browsing and the story came to me almost immediately. The actual room and her outfit screams, "PRINCESS BEDROOM!!" as any parent of a daughter from the past 20 years will no doubt agree. I knew I could work that into something, so I snagged it and put it into a setting. How would a guy be turned into a princess ... TINKERBELL of course! DUH! Cinderella's wishing well in Fantasyland seemed like a good place to seal his fate and its from there I came up with the title.

I think the topic of the plot is fun and to be honest, the wishes are probably on par with some of the population. There are little boys that wish they could play dress-up with girls and yet shoot arrows like Merida from Brave. "I swear Dad .. its a KILT!" There are girls that HATE putting on tights and dresses to go to church or "look pretty" and wish to roll around in the mud and ride their bikes past curfew. Sometimes they outgrow those phases ... other times they stick.

I tried to make a "DOH!" type caption that was still sweet and loving with a happy ending. It almost makes you forget that Sara is topless in the caption! OH MY!

Anything new to add? Ummm, probably not. I stand behind what I said then, and I still enjoy the picture very much, and quite fond of her pantyhose. My question for you, which you should answer in the comments .. what sort of wishes did you make when you were a kid? Were they TG in nature at all, or did that come later? Figured that would be a good topic of conversation. Love to hear about what you wanted to be, or do, when you were much younger. Maybe your dreams did come true?


And I am pretty sure that no one told me about this little scene from the live action version of Beauty and the Beast. Seems like they definitely were a fan of the Haven, or Fictionmania. I know it is meant to be "funny" but I'm sure there is some subtext in there somewhere!


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you won't be surprised that when I was young I wished I could wear dresses and frills like the girls.....however I didn't wish I could be a girl!!! Maybe some day I'll discuss that in more depth with my analyst!!!
    It just didn't seem fair to me then....just as it doesn't seem fair to me now....that the girls could wear boys clothes but we poor boys never got to wear the pretty things they wore....
    It is a nice pic and I liked the thought process behind the cap very much!!!
    Imagine if all the wishes we'd made over the years.....wishing wells....blowing out birthday candles.....shooting stars....and so on....were all just in tremendous queues waiting for our turn to come around....
    I'm pretty sure if I got that GI Joe Sailor I wished for on that long ago birthday I'd probably put him in one of Barbies dresses and play with him in a way six year old me would never have imagined!!!!
    Love the whole Idea of this cap and it will be on my mind from now on before I toss any coins into a fountain!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Though I am pretty sure you don't want Mrs. K to become a man.

      And I was in the same boat, like, why the hell do I have to wear this stupid little suit and/or tie when the girls get to flounce around in their fluffery and tights and mary janes!

      Delete