Thursday, April 9, 2020

I Love the 90's .. TG Edition!


A brand new caption .. made fresh today .. for some people who comment an awful lot on here!


I made a few captions today, mostly trying to get my feet wet. Nothing spectacular, and one or two of them might be somewhat pedestrian, but my creative brain is currently on training wheels. I think that the "Fresh Off the Grill" caption was me running on fumes and emotion, but I really enjoyed it.

So, for this one, I decided to make something for two of my pillars of sisterly support. I like to think of them occasionally as siblings. It makes sense in a twisted way, but maybe step-sisters that aren't related, if people can wrap their heads around it?

And it's set in the 90's because, it just has to, plot wise. Plus, I think that they probably were the ages of there characters back then, give or take a few years, right? The room is quite stylized anyway, and it looks vintage. Give me a break, people! It's a TG caption!

I hope everyone is doing OK. The page hits are down from before the lock-in-place order happened, so I'm guessing there are more prying eyes wandering around, and maybe my friends aren't getting as much time in front of the computer with younglings learning or more Tiger King watching.

Wherever you are, I am thinking about you. Wishing that everyone that visits here has the fortune of being safe with their families and/or loved ones. And please stay inside for the next few weeks in peace .. we need to flatten the curve!


9 comments:

  1. Lovely cap, makes me wish I had an older brother with the same interest as I have. I get that 90's vibe from your story. Looks like the girl in the picture wants to emulate the Audrey Hepburn's Holly Golightly look, and with the song from the Deep Blue Something from the mid 90's that checks out too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, mostly, like many horror movies, the cell phone really would make this caption obsolete, so putting it in the 90's works way better!

      And I'm an only child, so I have/had no siblings of my own.

      Delete
  2. Sis, I am so glad to see that you are writing captions once again, even if you may feel as if it is gingerly easing your creative mind along 'training wheels.' To walk however many steps forward after the tragic loss of such a loved one is an exercise in courage; to inspire and cheer so many others as you do is an act of heart; and to survive these trying times day by day in the discovery of music, humor, and wit, well, what can one say except that it is classic Dee? I'd like to imagine that your beloved would be watching approvingly your creative side even if it was hidden from her notice in previous times, trusting that you walk on despite sadness, remembering always the happy times that you together shared. I see those touching little sparks in this and the latest posts that you made.

    Life hasn't been altogether kind the past couple of weeks, hence my absence during a bit of turbulence, but thankfully things look like they are going to be okay.
    Hopefully, as you say, and despite all the awful news in the media, we may all be able to count some fair fortune and anchor ourselves in some haven of safety and peace! ^^

    Hugs & blessings, sis. May everyone else be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I am blaring through her timeline on Facebook and enjoying some times that weren't in my mind at the moment, and I've been reminiscing as positively as I can.

      Glad that things could be looking up for you. I was wondering if everything was OK. Not sure I had mentioned you specifically in a post, but you were one of those I was wondering about.

      Delete
  3. As always I take it as the supreme compliment that you allow me to appear in your dee-lightful caps.....
    I love the idea of being a big sister!!!! I really do!!!!
    And yes I was around back then....what gave me away?
    I bet it was my MST references.....damn that Comedy Central!!!!
    Anyways....I loved the cap.....I liked how you placed it in the decade it belonged in.....and I loved the idea of Sally as my little step-sister....I'd always make sure she was "tucked" every night!!!!
    Love and kisses
    From me and the Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are hanging in there. Here in New England, they are saying that the next 7-10 days are going to be the hardest with Covid-19 so I'm noy looking forward to that, but I think I'm all set for most of the things I'll need in those 10 days (last med I needed came in today .. was in short supply, but they got enough to give me a month supply) and maybe I can finally get to all those things I said I'd do in the last two weeks after she died.

      Holiday blessings to you and your family Kaaren!

      Delete
    2. OMG, how did I miss this? Sorry for stealing your orgy, Kaaren, but I'll tell you all about it when you 'tuck' me in. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi Dee, I've been spending less time surfing the sites for a couple of reasons. (1) Work has been super busy for me, (2) I've been dressed almost 24x7 for the duration of "shelter in place" and find I'm not finding the need to browse these blogs as much.

    I'm getting caught up from a long absence and was sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are doing better and know that I am keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you all the best.

    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. This has been the worst I think I've ever felt, because not only did I lose my long-time fiance after 20+ years together, I can't get together with others celebrate her life, and now here alone in my apartment.

      I am hanging in as best I can considering. Thank you for your concern and thoughts!

      Delete