Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Everybody Knows That The Bird Is the Word!


Something silly to read if you are all cooped up at home. What a fowl utterance to make!


This was is for Kaitlyn, the non masked version with a "K" from the Haven. She's been making a series for me based on turning around common tropes in TG stories, and it's AWESOME. When the series is completed, I will be posting it here on this blog. She didn't do it for a trade, but I felt like I should at least make SOMETHING for her in return. She's into word play and puns and silliness galore, and I had this picture saved for quite some time. Just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.

And I had some time alone today .. not sure how many more days in which that will happen .. so I snagged it and whipped it up in like ummm, 5 minutes tops? I actually made 4 captions in an hour, which I will sprinkle among the other posts I will upload in the next week or two.

This was just something to keep my wits sharp. Spoiler alert .. when I was posting this on the Haven, I realized there was only one word that made it sound like his daughter hadn't been the one changed into a finely feathered friend. If I had used some sort of "God help me! I'm a parrot, not a cockatiel!" then this caption would have been on a whole other level of silliness. My whole plan was to just make it as such that his daughter was now a male, and he was now female.

And oh my, the bird puns I COULD have used there. I had to literally bite my tongue not to shrink down the text and throw in a few more. I also had the parrot sketch from Monty Python in my head too, and that led to the Loretta bits from Life of Brian.

And for those who don't know, in the UK I believe, a slang term for a girl was "A bird".


6 comments:

  1. You are the true master of the dad jokes :p
    I wonder how your daughter has survived all these years lol

    Wonderful work Dee <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a lot like her proud daddy .. sarcastic and dry sense of dark humor. Anything is fair game for jokes. And I now know, through her, that I would have been much more dangerous as a female! No doubt about it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful plumage!!!!
    I like the funny ones Dee!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaarem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to lighten the mood for everyone, which we all do in different ways.

      Speaking of, I am FINALLY adding your Funny Sissy Blog to my list of "Dee-Generate Bloggers" list. I am sure I'll be amused and turned on at the same time, which is a gift very few people can provide!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Dee....I'm already seeing the Dee-bump in traffic....I hope I can offer a few smiles in these dark times!!!!
      Kisses
      Kaaren

      Delete
  3. HA! Funny cap Dee! Love the look on the “Dad’s” face as he admires his new bird and talks with his son/former-daughter. I have to admit, until I read your write-up I thought the daughter had been changed into the parrot. And then I head to re-read it just to make sure ‘Dad’ hadn’t been turned into the bird with his chosen name of Polly (wants a cracker). But whether the daughter is now a son, the dad is now a mom, or either of them are a parrot, this was a damned funny caption!

    ReplyDelete