Saturday, October 19, 2019

So Hot You Can Melt Candles Without a Flame!


A never seen on the blog, rarity TG caption series TEN years in the making! Dee's protozoic era!


I used to make so many more captions back 10 years ago. For comparisons sake, in October 2009, I made 37 (!) captions (in a row?) including a few that were multi-paneled .. while so far this year, I am at 6 in this actual month, and project to have 13 posted here before All Saint's Day on November 1.

I went looking for a post for today from 10 years ago, and whilst looking, I cannot find my ever having posted this set before. I started the blog in 2010 and limited what I posted back then to a few every week, and usually had a discussion in mind first before choosing a caption to go with it.


Then at some point, I just started posting captions within a week or two of making them, and going down the line, pretty much anything I made was posted almost current to it's appearance on the Haven. This one, however, doesn't seem to show up in any of my blog searches SOOOO ...


We've got ourselves a 10 year old Blog Exclusive SERIES! Talk about finding something rare! The last time it got a comment on the Haven, was in September of 2009, and it's been hidden in the "inactive" section of the trading area for probably 6 years. So unless you knew that Kira's screen name on the Haven was "XtremeCSSA" you would not likely have found it!


So, I am really glad I looked around. There's a few more in 2009 I'd like to highlight over the rest of this year. Remember, at this point, I think I'd been captioning for just about a full year, and was still learning the ropes, so to speak.


And what better way to learn than to make a bunch of captions and see what works and what doesn't. By comments from the recipient and your peers, you can really figure out your process and style fairly quickly. I don't think it took me that long to find my range, persona, and voice.


Hopefully I have uploaded all the corrected versions, as back in the day, once you named a file something on the Haven, you couldn't fix an error and re-upload the same name file. Hence, I'd add a letter to the newer version so it could be viewed. As you might notice, a number of these are of the "b" iteration. Back then I didn't proofread as much, and often used another captioner to find mistakes. I think I'm much better at that now than when I started.

Who wouldn't love comments from something they created a LONG time ago that was left anguishing in a little seen folder on a very old site that hasn't changed my in almost 14 years? Please let me know what you think, and how it compares to the 2019 version of Dee and her captions!


They've been paying tribute to Pantera the last few weeks on Sirius XM, and I think they are the best Metal band of the 90's bar none. No one can sound like Phil Anselmo, not even Phil anymore, and Dimebag was so technical yet brutal, it's hard to think of anyone like him in music again.

6 comments:

  1. Quite a leap to where you are now. You were certainly in search for your current form. It is still a good cap and can set the bar for many caption artists even today. Knowing where captions were ten years ago it set the bar very back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Helena! And you've been around almost that entire time as well! Glad to see some more lifers out there still pounding away after a decade or more!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't blogging 10 years ago and I wonder how many wonderful things like this I missed!!!!
    It's interesting in the way you've made it a long form story....but the pretty pics you used pretty much tell a whole story and it would be a shame not to use them all....
    I can see where you're a bit more succinct in your caps these days....but sometimes a good story just needs the space to grow!!!!
    If this was Proto-Dee then I'd like to see more!!!! I love watching girls develop!!!!
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With 10+ years of captions, I have plenty of stuff to post, though I haven't posted much from the first year, because I don't want any new people to come along, see something from 10 years ago at the top of the page, and think that is what I am making NOW!

      But I am going to feature more stuff from the past, since I don't think people are hitting this blog saying, "I'm going to look through everything Dee made in 2013!" I think I'll just highlight interesting things from the past and maybe show them to people who weren't around the first time I posted them!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I like that - at first I wasn't sure the images aligned with the story, but once he slipped that finger inside . . . well, it was like you'd pulled the story a bit uphill to get it started, and then rode it downhill with gleeful abandon!

    I love that you keep pulling out the classics. It's fun to see how you're style has changed overtime, but the themes remain the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the old saying is, "you write what you know," so I'll keep plowing away at things, and incorporate some new stuff as I learn other things, like sissy and cuckolding stuff from Kaaren and others.

      And I think that is why sometimes TG universes (or tropes) are used so often .. there's a shorthand there that makes it easier to set up a short caption, instead of having to lay out the rules before you can play with them.

      Delete