Thursday, June 13, 2019

And The Stanley Cup Winner is ...


.. not known as of when I wrote most of this! Come inside to see if Damien won .. or lost!


Well, either way, I have my pert, stacked ass covered. Found a few different pictures I could use and made a caption for each resolution. Well, I didn't make one for a perpetual overtime period where no one wins for weeks. I'm going to write the rest of this blog post out during work, after knowing what actually happened the night before, and hopefully sleeping peacefully after a big win!


I guess people probably know by now that the Bruins lost Game 7, and in doing so, did NOT win the Stanley Cup. Congrats to the St Louis Blues on winning it for the first time. While I did think they went over the line a few times in the series (and had players suspended while doing so) I probably would have rooted for them if not for then playing against the B's .. since they remind me of the way that the Bruins used to play back in 2013 when they lost the Cup to the Chicago Blackhawks.

Anyway, here are both captions.

I enjoyed the losing one because there seems to be 2 levels to the bet, one where a precious vintage jersey is redesigned for my new body, in addition to the typical TG transformation. Also, I let Hunter / Hailey be the antagonist even though she isn't really around anymore, because I remember her being a huge fan of the St Louis Cardinals, whom the Red Sox beat in 2013 .. and in 2004 I think as well! Plus the Patriots beat the St Louis Rams in the 2001 Super Bowl, and the LA version of the Rams in the most recent Super Bowl. No wonder St. Louis was so amped to finally beat a team from Boston!

The winning caption is good too because I think I found a novel approach to magical TG captions, where a definite sacrifice is needed to fulfill what is desired, all tied into hockey and how much energy and passion goes into the sport, from fans and of course, the players themselves.

Which one is my favorite? I like the "winning" one better, and that was the one I wrote last. Just that push beyond in the last 1 1/2 paragraphs of the story just ties everything up in a neat little black and gold bow. Which one do YOU prefer? Let me know in the comments, along with which hockey team is your favorite! May we can commiserate together, and St Louis fans can gloat!


5 comments:

  1. I really like the 1st cap, especially because the Bruins lost! That jersey makes a cute dress. I'm from Pennsylvania, Boston teams aren't too popular in my neck of the woods(especially the Pats)so I quite enjoyed a Boston team being taken down, sorry Dee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the Eagles took care of the Patriots, even after Brady threw for 500+ yards, I can't imagine you being that mad at Boston teams .. well, unless you live in Pittsburgh!

      And I think I mentioned above, we have been really blessed here in New England for the last 20 years or so. It took the Patriots 41 years to win their first Super Bowl, and 86 for the Sox to win the World Series. The Bruins were 39 years and the Celtics 24 years.

      Delete
  2. First off, my condolences. I'm sure we cursed that game 7 together. Boston should have come out of that first period up 5-0, but the Blues goalie stood on his head despite all that pressure, and the Bruins . . . well, I would have pulled the goalie after that second soft goal.

    I kind of like the 2nd caption because it follows the lines of what I was thinking about sacrifice and and karma, what with all the attention paid to Laila, the sick little girl the Blues brought in to see the game. I was joking to my beloved that Boston should have found a little girl with a better illness to be their talisman . . . but what if all they could find was a bratty teenage boy . . . and what if every goal they scored left him smaller and more feminine?

    Yeah, a bit dark perhaps, but I've had a rough week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the tough week. If you want, send me an email and you can vent.

      I don't blame Rask at all for the 2nd goal, as Marchand didn't see him breaking down the ice and decided to have a line change with 14 seconds left in the period. The Bruins lost 3 of the 4 games at home, and only scored 3,2, 1, and 1 in those games. The Blues goalie was good, but the Bruins had so many shots deflected and weren't able to hunt down the rebounds he was giving up.

      I think the 2nd one was better as well, maybe because I didn't really think the Bruins could lose, so the "losing" caption was more playful .. while as you said, the 2nd one had sacrifice and karma, plus 3 titles in nine months lines up well with a full term pregnancy so it ties everything up in a nice little bow.

      Delete
  3. All I have to say is: The Blues winning the Cup was the greatest moment in my life. Now let's find that sex change drug...

    ReplyDelete