Monday, July 23, 2018

It's Not Easy Being Gree .. So Calm Down!


Kevin has a case of Kermitosis or something, doesn't he? Is the cure better than the ailment?


This is sort of an odd one, well, from me, it's slightly odd, I guess! I don't usually use superheroes in my captions, and in this one, I'm still not really using one .. just sort of a facsimile. My original thought was, what if a high blood pressure medication / anxiety reducer worked by making you assume some sort of role where you would be relaxed and extremely chill. At first I thought of a change to a bimbo, but all of a sudden, my brain went the other way into Bruce Banner territory.

Then, it could be caused by getting mad, and the whole "You won't like me when I'm angry," famous line from the 70's TV show came into my head and I totally bought into it. I found this picture, which worked the best because most she-hulk pictures are taken at Comic Con, which is not what I wanted to deal with. Once I had something to place into the caption image wise, it was just up to crafting a story around it.

I knew it had to be a neighbor, probably one who's caused grief before to Kevin. By this point in time, perhaps the change into "the beastess" has already happened as Brandon doesn't seem scared of her. But anyway, he knows what is about to happen and keeps pressing until he can push him too far.

By the end, I had a story, but I really didn't know how to finish it. Then I thought, he's going to need some sort of augmentation to keep up with her, and I was like .. Oh yeah, blue pill for green woman! Since it was also medicine, I decided that Brandon would be "The Pharmacist" .. that way it was easy to explain how he knew how to invoke, and provoke, the change. Funny how it all falls together at some point? You just have to trust in your abilities as a writer to tidy everything up as best you can, and go where your gut tells you to go.

The only thing I didn't like about the caption is that I stretched out the picture beyond its size capability and near the face, especially, its somewhat blurry, pixelated and/or distorted. For this blog, I've dropped the size down about 10 percent, hoping that it'll still be readable, and at that resolution, she'll be easier to discern.

So yeah! My head's been in some weird spaces recently, but at this point, I have to do things like this so it keeps me interested in making new captions. Trying not to repeat oneself gets harder each and every time I sit down in front of a graphical editor and attempt to create. I have a certain envy for those who are in a narrow milieu and can just keep pumping out subtle variations of the same thing over and over. I have to be all over the place. Maybe I'll take a swing at something close to what I've done before, but there is always something askew that helps me make it fresh.


1 comment:

  1. Even now, I can feel it. Buried somewhere deep inside. Watching me. Waiting. But you know what scares me the most? When I can't fight it anymore, when it takes over, when I totally lose control ... I like it."

    She-Hulk approve this message!

    ReplyDelete