Friday, June 8, 2018

It's That Great Swap Event or Something, Right?


This is how most people would find out about a TG Shift in real life!


Fresh off the presses, this is a caption I whipped up a few hours ago, as it had a cute model, but not a very good quality shot of a picture. I figured I could use that to my advantage as a selfie caption.

Thought about downloading the Mac OS font, but honestly, I didn't want to spend that much time making what is essentially a Friday Night quickie caption. I already made a few captions this afternoon, and I was pleased with all of them .. something I can't say about some of my other captions of the last month. Real life has just made my moods a bit ethereal and complex, which means I don't always have the mindset to generate captions at a moments notice right now.

Luckily, I have been able to power through, mostly by trying to simplify again. Some of my recent captions got REALLY detailed .. and sometimes that isn't a good thing in my case. A caption like this, or one that I made for Wendygirl tonight, were more boiled down into something more elemental ..  compared to a different caption for Wendygirl .. coming soon .. that had literally 5 characters mentioned in the story-line. Too much going on, especially when three of the characters talked, each with a different color or italic to set them all apart.

Then again, I can't complain too much, as I still am making captions. I rarely, if ever, have writers block where I just sit there staring at a bunch of pictures with no ideas flowing through my brain.

Hmmm, need to be more positive in this post. I've got quite a few captions lined up for the blog over the next week and a half or so. Hoping I can right up a good father's day caption though I haven't figured out how I want to attack it yet. What else? Oh yeah, it's Friday night so no work over the weekend, and I'll be doing some more apartment cleaning/re-arranging/de-cluttering which always makes me smile. I also picked up a 4 terrabyte external WD hard drive for around 80 bucks during my vacation, so that also awaits my installation. I have a ton of MP3's from the last 10 years that I had been burning to DVD that I want to import back onto that drive and have one HELL of a wifi juke-box for the apartment! SO things can be looking up!

Seeing comments also makes me smile. This is a blog exclusive so tell me how YOU would deal with the Great Shiftening! Would you retain ALL your memories, or just sort of retain them through the lens of the new person's life? While being in a new body with all my old thoughts and desires would be fun, it might be more useful if I was able to go into auto-pilot when needed to sort out things from that new perspective. What says you?



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sometimes we have to make our own luck, hence this caption!

      Delete
  2. It's the old philosophy conundrum, if you look like them,act like them and have all the memoires are you in fact them?
    I did think that maybe the opportunity to reinvented yourself. But then again you would still have the the same talents and drive just a different body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly gives us lots of options when it comes time to make captions .. usually it works out for the best no matter how we create it.

      Delete