Thursday, May 24, 2018

Save the Haven Fund-raiser Is Going on NOW Through June 7th!


All the big hair and cheerleaders you could throw a stick at .. do your best to keep the Haven going!


Made these for "From Bow to Toe" aka Ali Bear .. who once again is offering 10 dollars for each caption that is created for her on Rachel's Haven .. there's a few rules, but it mostly boils down to "find a picture you like in the folder or on her Pinterest .. caption it with her guideline preferences, and she'll donate 10 dollars (or 6 if the picture is from elsewhere) to the upkeep of the Haven. Her goal this year is to raise more money than last year, and she's shooting for 400 dollars.

So, if you are a captioner, and belong to the Haven (and if not, why the fuck not?) please head to her trading folder for all the details. I talked to her last night and she agreed to move the deadline to June 7th, since I would be gone much of the next week and a half. Why not longer? Because she is getting married! I'm sure there are some big hair / big gowned pictures available for you to wish her well in her upcoming marriage .. and all the proceeds go to keeping the Haven running. For her pinterest folder, just CLICK HERE and enjoy the femininity!

I am posting the 2 cheerleader captions I have made so far today, and will post a big hair / updo caption probably on Saturday or Sunday to remind them about the fund-raiser. If I get a chance to make any more before I start my long awaited vacation, I will slip them in between some other captions I've done in the last few weeks.


The first one is pretty self-explanatory.  The second one was built on how some could say that peer pressure and insults can do a good job of positively affecting people's lives. I don't believe it, but I do think it makes for an interesting test case in this caption .. from negative gothy types to cheerleaders? Yeah, I found the missing link between them, and passed the savings along to you!

What do I think of these captions? I like the reasoning and rationale of how the second one is constructed, but I love the simplicity of the first one. It's shorter and directly to the point.

I hope you find these captions entertaining, and let me know what you think about them. I will do my best to respond to each comment. I'll catch up with you all soon enough!


4 comments:

  1. Well now, looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend. Savin' the Haven it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you've made two already! That's great! Glad you are helping out!

      Delete
  2. Two cool captions. Well done Ali. Sorry its been a while looks like I have a lot of captions to catch up on. I am trying to get up to speed on all you lovely people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have wondered where you went off to! Glad you are still around!

      Delete