Sunday, March 11, 2018

When's This Bet Going to End? The Suspense (and Corset) is Killing Me!


A whole bunch of twists, but not a lot of shouting, for this husband and wife. Can you keep up?


I saw the picture, had an idea, and just started writing. About half way through, I realized that it was sort of a flip side / alt universe to the caption I made for KarenSue back in January (Is It Easier to Adjust the Dress?) so I weaved a bit more back and forth into the dialog than I originally had planned. With that, it was pretty much just trying to delay the reader from figuring out that it was the wife that was complaining about the bet, not the husband. It was more about the reveal then, but I found even more ways to play around with the frisky relationship between him and his wife. I just adore loving, yet teasing, banter between loving individuals. Don't you?

I could hardly go wrong with a photo like that, but I like to think I amped the overall presentation quite a bit with the story I wrapped around it. It seems pretty balanced to me between story and image, where one doesn't overwhelm the other.


2 comments:

  1. A great caption although it took several readings to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it that hard to understand? Perhaps I should post more about it in a future posting? Maybe I wasn't as clear as I thought I was being?

    ReplyDelete