Thursday, August 24, 2017

Car Trouble for Dee! And the Caption Inspiration For This Post!


Sometimes brevity can suck if you really, REALLY like an idea fleshed out. See inside!


Please don't read the caption above until you've read the one slightly down more in this post!

One of the reasons I try to keep my captions tight is from the work of Ron (RMP42661) who's been captioning before I ever gave it a go. Back when Yahoo Groups was a thing, Ron had a few groups, mostly where he named the caption after a song by a certain artist, so he'd post like 15 captions inspired by Elton John, so perhaps one entitled "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" might involve the protagonist having to become Dorothy for a school play or something.

Ron is really good at short, complete captions that get straight to the point and don't dilly dally. Here is one he made for me a few days ago:


Believe it or not, this is one of his much longer captions. Something about it though definitely struck a chord and I just kept reading it over and over. Here is what I replied to the caption in my folder:
Very much enjoyed it! Just the right amount of playfulness and embarrassment to keep it light yet not without its consequences.
And it does .. a complete TG caption meal I believe. It did leave me wanting for dessert though. I played with it in my mind, and decided that I should kind of continue it .. though getting the best photo to go with it as tough so what I wrote isn't a direct sequel by any stretch. It's more of an odd-shoot. Hell, maybe the spell kicked in more and I became a blonde cheerleader. Worst things have happened in this world, right?

So I tried to keep the playfulness up with that healthy dose of subtle humiliation and even some compulsions sprinkled in. I think I stayed true to his vision and added a bit of Dee-ness, Just by letting the situation play out in my brain. Things came back to be of when I was teaching my daughter how to drive and I used some of it to personalize it more. Make sure you check out the girly car that Dee would end up getting to replace his big truck. Pretty snazzy chick wheels and that BALLSY 1.5 liter 4 cylinder engine!

Hope you enjoyed both captions, Ron's and the one I wrote due to its inspiration. I'd like to see some comments since it is sort of a blog exclusive. Did I do a good job on the homage? Anything I forgot to throw in? I know I was running out of room at the end!


One of my favorite all-girl punk bands, The Donnas, with the other being The Lunachicks. 
Almost exact cover of a Beatles song with just a dash of girlish glee added in.

2 comments:

  1. Loves Ron's caption. As you write so much packed into a small caption and pushes the right buttons.
    A great follow up as well, I think the girls are still baiting him, every lady i know has their driving shoes and swap to the heels at destination. Sure he we miss his truck after driving the chick mobil.But if i read the ending right maybe more than his body has changed.
    OK I well admit I have never heard of Kendrick Lamar but a youtube check and the brief 5 seconds I could bare to listen to I am guessing that's what what these young teen girls are into today? I remember back in my day when music was.......(Long rant)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of becoming a teen girl and growing up again as a woman....and I think I'm probably just enough of a smart-ass to make everyone around me miserable too....at least until I'm old enough to work off those frustrations in other ways!!!!
    On a side note I wanted to let you know that I went to the American Pickers store in Nashville last week....it's about 60% tourist trap with shelves of mugs, magnets and t-shirts.....and many of the items on display aren't for sale....but I found something I liked, an old framed religious picture...not so hot on the picture but the frame and the matting are beautiful!!!
    They wanted $150....and I was ready to pay it but my wife stepped in and a few minutes later she paid $45 for it!!!!!
    It was a fun trip and we saw the total eclipse in Nashville and it was awesome!!!!
    Went to Graceland in Memphis and I can honestly say I've never seen more shag carpet in my life!!!! Plus I was struck by how small the house was by today's standards. I love Elvis but I doubt I'll ever go back there...
    We were pushing on to New Orleans but she had some work issues that needed her attention and we turned back to Memphis....
    All in all we hit about 7 states in 10 days...it was a lot of fun and she tells me she's got a conference in November that I can go to with her so I'm counting the days till...
    But aside from all that it's nice to be home.....I can slip on my silk PJ's and lie on the couch and catch up on the stuff on the DVR...
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete