Sunday, January 22, 2017

Slow and Steady Is the Best Way to Wash a Brain!


I used to think that mutant bastard Anthony Robbins was a crock of shit. Now look at me!


Created this for Tungdil91, who is a relative newbie to the Haven. It's probably easier for me to just cut and paste what I wrote, since it seems more like what I'd say here than what I usually do.

Noticed you like more realistic and slow changes and those are usually conducive to "in the moment while it's happening" types of captions. 
I thought that this model was the right mix of androgyny, straddling the masculine and feminine natures in a good balance for my purposes. 
Late teenage years are also the ones where people are most susceptible to weird cults and religions, or even just someone with a strong personality and sense of being. Moving them away from friends and family is another trick often used. 
With that in mind, I hope you like this. Not quite your everyday TG caption but think there is enough here to sink your teeth into. 
Dee  
PS in case people were wondering, the previous NLP had replaced some words and phrases with others more helpful in the conversion. The small words are what Michael is reading, and what is in single quotes is what he is reading out loud, to help reinforce previous programming.
Ok, as to the some of the bad news I had referred to the other day. It has come out publicly over the Haven now so I feel that I'm not breeching anything by telling you all that Rachel has been diagnosed as being terminal. She's been fighting cancer for a number of years now, and unfortunately, I haven't been able to think of her as the energetic, outdoorsy woman that she was 6-8 years ago: always out hiking and camping all over the place. I'm not sure if most of the people there on the Haven can remember a time when she wasn't sick, and that is a shame. Sharp as a tack, Sarcastic as fuck when you get her going, and as caring a person as everyone thinks, and then some. Even now, I am always asked how my daughter, GF and roommate is doing, even before I can ask what the latest is on her medical journey.

I really don't want to say much more, because then it would sound more depressing, and the last thing I want to do is write a eulogy. Getting the news was a punch in the gut, but she is still here battling every day, and I'm glad to see that the TG community she did so much to help coalesce has been there for her in times of need .. a place for her to escape to as much as it is for the rest of us.

And that is where the hope comes in. There have been so many strides in medical science over the past 20-30 years that are stopping and/or delaying the effects of cancer. I live within 90 minutes of Boston, and the treatment and care they offer here is incredible and I know other places have similar research facilities that are beating things that were terminal just 5 years ago. Let our positive energy light up Rachel's world, and keep the hope alive. And um, FUCK CANCER!


3 comments:

  1. Cancer took my father and my brother when he was in his teens,,,,it's a horrendous plague on humanity and I wish every day that a cure could be found!!!
    I don't know Rachel but I will keep her in my thoughts and I hope for a miracle!!!
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also like the cap.....I knew a guy in HS way back when who was verrrrry slowly becoming a girl,,,,,it was so slow that you almost didn't notice it....until he was wearing the dress at the senior prom....and they threw him out for being a "faggot"....times have changed.....

      Delete
  2. My very best wishes to Rachel.

    ReplyDelete