Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Body Is Like a Heatwave


The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind.


Made this for Brittany7, and I now think I am caught up with her, along with a few others I owe which you'll see in the next week or so. I am trying to get my debt eliminated before I take some possible time away from being fully committed to making captions on the Haven and the blog.

As I wrote in Monday's post:
I will more fully discuss this another time, but sometime in the near future, I am probably going to be only available in fits and starts. I am not sure of all the plans at this time, so when it begins and how long it lasts are all very variable at this point in time, but it does beg a question I figured I would ask now, and see what I get for replies.
The first "shoe" to drop should be in the next week or so, when we find out to whom our apartment building was sold. I've been in the same place for over 10 years, and even though this place could be better, I really don't want to move. I have no idea what the landlord has in store for us as far as if we would be evicted, or if he choses to redo the lease, how much of an increase it would be. I don't think this place is worth more than a hundred dollars a month extra unless they kicked in major renovations, and as it is, I think the current owner is screwing them over big time on this property. This is also holding up my daughter moving back in at the end of the semester, which was also supposed to happen in the next week or so.

This has already interfered with our plans, as my GF and I were planning our first real vacation in 16 years during Memorial Day weekend. We were going to go to Orlando for 5 days to see some of my relatives in Daytona Beach and of course, she wants to see Harry Potter attractions at Universal, while I wish to see The Simpsons area. We had lined up some cheap airfare, car rental, etc .. but we'll need all the money we can save if we have to move elsewhere, for moving van, dumpster, plus first/last/security deposit. It would be weird to come back from a vacation and immediately have to pack up everything and find a new place, etc .. so we are postponing our vacation plans until at least September at the earliest.

There are other things lined up as well that are currently in limbo at the moment. I am going to repeat the discussion questions again, and perhaps a few times more afterwards. I really want feedback on this as I really am not sure what I am going to do if things fall into place one way or another. Thanks to Ian so far for answering in the last post.

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: How often do you check in here? Is it every time there is a new posting? Do you pop in once or twice a week and look at the posts you haven't seen before? Do you usually read my blog the same time at a certain hour, or day, or time of the week? What would be the best way to have this blog still move forward, and stay connected to this community, but with a bit less commitment time wise from me until my possible schedule clears up. I hope to get plenty of comments on this as I'll take what you say and try to figure out my plans based around the feedback from you, my faithful readers and contributors.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cap. Love the Woosh.

    I used to come here on a daily basis, but due to how everything is developing in
    my own life, it had become more irregular. Sometimes I drop by a few times a day, but once every few days is no exception either nowadays.
    You should post when you feel like it, though I have a feeling that you would need to post on a regular basis for yourself, So I would suggest to try and post once a week, until everythig is back to normal. Even if you wouldn't feel like capping yourself, I don't think I'm the only one who come by to read a post without a cap.

    I hope everything works out for you, and that if you ever move, it will be of your own choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There is possibly good stuff on the horizon as well that I haven't mentioned because it is another one of those "if this happens, then that happens too"

      The ironic thing is that I'm trying to figure out contingencies that might not occur for just about everything I am envisioning. Three weeks from now I could be saying, "False alarm! I will keep this place running exactly how it's been always run!" but I really have to see how it plays out.

      I am pretty sure I could produce one caption a week as I don't want to discourage people from the Haven from captioning me, and I don't really want a backlog either of X amount of people I would owe when I get back either.

      People telling me how they view this blog is going to help me going forward though.

      Delete