Sunday, May 18, 2014

The WAG Swag!


Not everyone can be Posh, but it certainly was Sporty of them to let him back into the group!


Here's a little quickie I made while taking a break from what has become a very busy life again. I was hoping to be a bit more active in the whole "Rachel's Haven Remodel" and software upgrade, but I really haven't much time to devote to it, never mind creating trade captions, blog exclusives, or even commenting on other TG blogs. It should be a quiet week at work before I take Memorial Day week off for vacation, so maybe I can at least catch up on other captioners blog output.

In the meantime, here is a quickie I made that doesn't show the transformed in the photo. I figured that hasn't been done much, mostly because traders like to see what they look like after the change. I believe you can get a good idea implied from the friends she is coming back to join. I also know very little about WAG's in general, so I did 10 minutes of Google Fu to catch myself up to speed.

The back story is anyone's guess. My thinking was that Chad got scared by how much he was enjoying being a female on the arm of a famous athlete, and perhaps some of that male pride gave him cold feet. If you have a different take on it, I'd love to hear it.


At this point, my week is mostly planned in real life, so I think I have a few gaps to try to make captions and/or blog in the middle of the week. I have another caption lined up, plus a DIY as well, so it shouldn't be as much of a ghost town as last week in here!

4 comments:

  1. Fun cap Dee. You're right that you don't often see a cap not portraying the transformed subject, but it does have a unique power. Reading a cap like this isn't like watching this happen to someone (even someone that is supposed to be me), it's like it's happening to ME. They're all looking at ME, talking to ME, making plans for ME. Even without knowing what the heck a WAG is, it still impacted me more powerfully than most captions have recently. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really thought about that, but I can understand it now that you mention it. I'm so glad that it was able to stir something, even just a bit.

      I didn't know what a WAG was until Beckham and Posh came to the US. I was like, "who cares about a washed up soccer player and a washed up pop star that probably didn't even sing on her own records!" Apparently, its a big thing in Europe where soccer stars make a lot of money and act like rock stars!

      Delete
  2. LOL, maybe she can bend it like Beckham. Lovely cap.
    A new DIY soon, jay.
    I didn't know Ludo before, but it was definitely worth it, looking them up on You Tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ludo is one of my favorite bands of the last 10 years or so. I would suggest finding "Broken Bride" which is an concept EP. The storyline is wonderful and emotionally charged, and quite musically fulfilling.

      Delete