Wednesday, August 7, 2013

While Strolling Through The Park One Day ...


.. and just hit a little speed bump!


Made this one for Katie Mills as I was pretty sure I owed her a caption and when I saw this picture, I knew it'd make a good one for her (though it would've fit Hailey nicely as well) once I got a handle on it. I always look for interesting things within a picture that might help me anchor it to the story, and reward those whose notice those quirks as well.

The pose and facial expression gives a muted but positive feeling which was nice, as I was hoping to portray a "lets make the best of this situation" vibe from Katie and her mom is certainly supporting of her trying to look like a girl. However, those shoes do NOT match the rest of the outfit and I can't imagine a mom wanting her former son heading outside with a see-through blouse.

I have no idea what actually happened in the park. I figured perhaps some sort alien transference device, genderwave virus, coven of witches .. I didn't think it really mattered in the grand scheme of things to know exactly what went down there in the park. Maybe people will like it even better when they can imagine the circumstances and maybe place themselves there for a fantasy.

The ending was always going to be that stinger, as it was probably the main reason I chose that picture. When source material gives you something like that, you certainly try your hardest to work it into the storyline.  I mean, everyone knows what happened to Rover while Katie was walking him and that strange situation occurred right? Perhaps this video will help?


Sorry about not posting yesterday. Just lots of busy life type stuff happening, and I didn't have an opportunity to caption or put anything up here. Can't wait until the weekend so I can catch up on some rest and relaxation!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, always saw it running around in the video. Love this song, and the Clash in general. And with the Pogues, Strummer has been a member of two of my favourite bands.

    It seems Katie is lucky she ended up a girl and didn't share Rover's fate. So a lack of fashion sense is not so bad I guess.

    "Just lots of busy life type stuff happening"
    I can relate to that more than I like at the moment. Lot's of small, time consuming stuff in my case. Which makes me feel I didn't accomplish anything at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor rover. hey my spell check has armadillo in it probley the only time I shall ever need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I never noticed that in the video before (I've always been more a fan of the song rather than the video), so I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the Clash's Rock The Casbah had to do with your cap.

    Well done Dee. Well done!

    ReplyDelete