Monday, January 7, 2013

Something wrong? Not when you feel like THIS! UPDATED!


Is she worried or too revved up to notice ... or care?


This caption was made for Maddie back in May, using a picture she provided in her trading folder. Yeah, its another oblivious caption. I do seem to have become queen of that sort of thing, don't you think? *giggle* Missing the forest for the tree does seem to be my M.O. and I enjoy it very much. Its another example of me taking a pretty tame picture and throwing a naughtier than expected story to it. Like chili infused chocolate, it sneaks up on you!

I think from now on I will post Dee-briefs out front, without the "click here to continue" since I often update it, and people don't seem to see the updates. Here are a few things that people might have missed if they caught the last post early on and didn't check back in.

Not sure if people have noticed, mostly since no one has used it yet, but I have a question area once again for this blog. I am following Caitlyn's example and using Wufoo, which allowed me to make a question form and NOT pollute my main page with it, once of the things that made me DREAD using Formspring. It was SUCH a hideous looking box, and once they didn't let you change the colors, even MORE hideous. Anyway, if you wish to ask questions, you can submit them there. Its listed under "Ask Dee" and I can't be much more direct than that. You DON'T have to list your name, but I put it in since its easier to respond if there is an actual name there.

Paging Leeanne! If you were to receive a caption, what would you male name be? I have something designed for you but need to fill in a male name to make it a tad more Dee-vious!

Here is something I posted earlier today on Rachel's Haven. Just click here and you can learn how to snag Adobe CS 2 for free. Its got Illustrator, Photoshop, Photoshop elements, premiere, etc ... All you have to do is register with adobe (use a junk email if need be) and you can snag any or all of the programs in the Creative Suite 2. They are up to version 6 now, so this one came out in 2006, but its STILL very useful, and more powerful than most people would ever need it for. Apparently the adobe website has been blitzed, so go to the Slickdeals link there instead, as its much more detailed in what must be done, and includes direct links to download individual pieces of software. GOOD LUCK!

Unfortunately, it isn't being given out for free, but they are shutting down the license management servers. What this means, I assume, is that if you had a valid authentication code, you can still get the software from Adobe. I have no idea what this means for people that don't have valid codes. I mean, its incredibly hard to find things like that on the internet! 



DISCUSSION QUESTION: As the weekend progresses from Friday to Sunday night, the viewership seems to dwindle. Any thoughts on how I can keep you popping back in? I would much prefer to keep updating ONE post than making a ton of micro-posts, but I seem to not get people to pop back in, and even adding "updated 4:00 PM Sunday" doesn't seem to help bring people back. Should I just not post if I don't have anything listed by Friday night? or just avoid Sunday totally?

8 comments:

  1. A wonderful caption as usual Dee :) I love the oblivious angle to it, gives it an interesting taste. -Raven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cap Dee. I wouldn't have suspected such a naughty ending!

    To anyone reading this that doesn't have Photoshop; Don't even hesitate... GET IT! I only use CS3 myself and there aren't many differences at all between CS2 and CS3.

    I'm not sure that anything other than mini posts will get people back in Dee. There are a few blogs (including yours) that I will stop by and check out even if there hasn't been an update... but for most blogs I only view them when they are updated. I know I miss out on some of the conversations, but I figure I'll just catch up on them later.

    Plus, the weekend just seems to have lower viewership overall. I'm pretty good at predicting what a particular cap or post will bring in 'page view' wise, but that prediction goes out the window over the weekend. If I post something on Friday afternoon I don't get the normal immediate bump from it. Instead I just get the views spread out over the entire weekend and spilling into Monday. The same goes for posts made on Saturday and/or Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was noticing that too, though my Saturday hits were quite large for a weekend. The Sunday views feel off the back of a truck and smashed on the pavement though!

      Apparently, from what I've read, CS3 seems to be the best version of Photoshop to have. I guess afterwards it became bloated and has way too many features that most people won't use?

      Delete
  3. Hmmm. I always love it when a cap includes cunnilingus, my favorite thing to do. But what I'm wondering is what all this talk about Sunday viewership is all about. I thought Dee followed some alternate universe method of tracking time, given her Raven age thing. Ha! But really, I notice many blogs simply do not post on weekends, and I tend to follow suit. Does this mean most people only follow blogs while at work? Or that weekends are just that lazy time in lives that blog viewership decreases? I don't know. I'm just a sissy. But it does happen, so there may be nothing to do but accept it. I do post every now and then on weekends however. But page views definitely go down then. Que sera sera. God! Wasn't Doris Day hot?!

    Kisses,

    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, did you miss the part of the post where I asked you for a suitable male name for you to use in a caption? Or are you looking to be spanked or something? You'd probably like that too much though so don't make me talk to your wife about your insolence on my blog!

      Delete
    2. Oh my! I kind of get all tingly being called out in public like that. Is it bad form for a sissy to kind of want a spanking? Or worse, to have her wife involved? How about Lee? You do recall u told you my true male middle name is Dee. Now I'm all butterflies waiting to see and read how you portray me in a cap. By the way, I joined the Haven and am going to give capping a try, as soon as I complete "My Fall To Grace." Must finish it!

      Kisses,

      Leeanne

      Delete
    3. I decided to go with "Monte" as the sort of name a guy gives as a nickname to another guy they think is on the same social level .. ala Smitty or Jonesy. Almost went with Andy since your 1st and middle name slurred together spells out Lee Andy, but I think I'll stick with Monte, aka the shortened Montgomery.

      I think I said hi to you in your introduction. I hope you do make some captions, and some stories too!

      I will probably post the caption for you sometime within the week. Its nothing over the top, just a standard "Dee" work involving you.

      Delete
    4. I will be honored to be mentioned in one of your captions. And I like Monte. Thanks. As for the Haven, I actually signed up a few months ago, but getting going has taken time, mostly because I began my blog as I was finishing a very long Fictionmania story, which I am still working on due to all I have taken on. I feel compelled to keep the blog active, for the reasons you've mentioned. If you ignore it, people may cease visiting. And the Haven has requirements that I must meet before I'm fully involved - 50 comments and 10 captions. And I don't just do anything by rote or half measures. Soooo, it may take a while for me get used to the new high heels, so to speak. I will certainly reach out to you and Caitlyn if I need help, but I also don't like to impose on others. You each have a lot going on too. The last thing you need is a clingy sissy pestering you all of the time. I'm looking forward to the foray though. The graphics part is the scariest part for me.

      Kiss kiss,

      Leeanne

      Delete