Sunday, January 13, 2013

And Now You'll Have to Wash Your Delicates Too!


Makes your clothes (AND YOU) as fresh as a daisy!


Wasn't planning on captioning tonight, as I just spent 8 hours or so watching two incredible playoff football games, including that double overtime Raven victory over the Broncos. I figured I would just pop onto Rachel's Haven and make sure everything was still there where I left it AND see if Rach was gloating about how well her 49ers played in beating the Green Bay Packers.

Well, Cage71 is offering a 2 for 1 trading caption deal if you use one of her posted pictures. I enjoy doing them since (1) you get 2 captions for only making one and (2) they often provide a picture or plot line you must use, and I find that having guidelines makes me more creative, believe it or not!

When perusing the ones she posted, I found the one I used most intriguing. At first, I wasn't sure HOW I was going to frame the story, but figured I would throw it in my standard format and take it from there. If nothing came through, at least I'd have it designed to add text later. As I was making the gradient, I noticed it that one of the colors was pink and how the sweatshirt was also pink .. which lead me to that horrible problem of a red piece of clothing in a load of whites. THAT would be part of the change!

Cage71 does not want realistic changes, so I could've went with a cursed washing machine, but I thought it would be better if there was a roommate involved. I know that many people have issues with roommates taking things without asking, and that would give the caption an air of familiarity.

I didn't want it to be malicious though, as I was in a good mood, and figured it would resonate better if it was more of a mistake on Sam's part that led to his feminine issues. I often go with that old comedy "rule of three" and as usual, I think it delivers. Since the model has a great expression of "what the fuck?" I didn't want Sam to have to say much. Truthfully, what would YOU say if you were in that situation? Keeping her dialog to a minimum and consistent just streamlined the narrative effectively and kept the focus on what Dee was saying. Yes, Dee is the other person! Why should Sam get all the fun, huh?

All in all, it took about 20 minutes from start to finish. This is one of those occasions when the brain just really gets on a roll and you have to go with the flow. I bet I will look back tomorrow and say, "Dammit, I could've done THAT better!" but the spur of the moment nature really was so much fun I had to just let it go and post it. Let me know what you think of this caption!

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What is the weirdest or most out of the blue thing that has given you inspiration to make something creative? Was it initial boost of something to get you moving, or something that inspired you to finish something that was floundering somehow?

9 comments:

  1. Nice Cap Dee! You're right.. her expression works great for the story you crafted!

    Off the top of my head, the weirdest thing that inspired me (both to get me moving AND to finish a cap!) was seeing a tub of "Olay's Daily Facials". They're cleaning wipes with a cap inspiring name. I used that inspiration to start a cap, but when looking for an image to put into the cap of the product I came across a photo of the re-fill package. That extended the cap another paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like GREAT inspiration! Mainly in naming one of your characters OLAY!

      Delete
  2. I can't help it, but Little Red Riding Hood comes to mind. I wonder why. Either way, a great scenario for a feminization shift. I like it.

    Kisses,

    Leeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was the "gist" behind the original picture theme. No big bad wolf in this caption .. well maybe later, but that is another whole story!

      Delete
  3. A really hot, big breasted sexy Red Riding Hood I might add...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say let her go topless the next 6 months, that will teach her!

    Strangest thing that inspired me to make a caption? Probably the horror movie hostel. While the ending is still unsettling for me, i thought it really captured that feeling of being sold off for someone else's pleasure, very well. Had to explain, but it gave me what i needed to explore that in a slave auction caption. Of course, with way more sexual tension and less horror..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of any of inspiration I have is downright strange. As a for instance, I saw a sliver of a moon last night on the way back from work and it had me concocting a scene about the First World War, front line trenches, with a soldier reminiscing about cross-dressing when he'd gone off to meet some civilian women behind lines.

    No, I have no idea what to do with that, except that it certainly sparked something that will be incorporated into something at a later date.

    As for the caption, I'm late to the party, but this one is lovely. There's something about the way the conversation goes and, yes, the expression that just coalesces into a cute story. Sorry I can't put it a better way, it's just lovely and cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, its good that you can REMEMBER your inspirations. If I don't happen to have Evernote open or my email .. I will often forget what is probably a WONDERFUL idea! We should all now lament that awesome captions I've never made as they died a horribly quick death in the bowels of what is left of my memory!

      Glad you liked the conversation. As I've said before, I really pride myself on being one of the best at making snappy but realistic dialog in my work.

      Delete
  6. 6 months???? I would be sooo pissed to have to give up that body in only 6 months...there must be a way to make it permanent.

    ReplyDelete