The second caption that I made when working with SpcTrain back in June of 2026.
Yes, another coffee caption .. which is why I waited until September to post it.
As per the last caption I made with a picture suggested by someone else .. I'd been chatting with Scptrain, who is a watcher of my Deviant Art page and they wanted to start making TG captions. So we did some brainstorming on an image they wanted to use for their second caption, as they had a few images they thought would work for a caption. I went and took the image, since it inspired me a bit .. and edited it a bit in Photoshop, and then put it in a caption setting.
I thought it'd be a good exercise to show how the same picture could generate two totally different captions. We worked independently, and I whipped mine up, but didn't show it to them until theirs was created, as I didn't want to influence their story too much, other than to keep theirs focused.
For contrast, you can find Scptrain's caption by viewing it above. One of the things we talked about was setting up certain ways to write with almost a short hand to make the captions have more brevity and economy of word. Two good ones are to set up a mini-universe like they did with the SisCurse. Another way that I often use, is where I am the author and also a character, with a consistent persona, so that I can save time .. and the reader can see .. "Oh, it's Mistress Dee!" and expect certain behaviors I don't have to explicitly draw out in each caption.
I liked the simplicity of the design, easy to read story font wise, and the green border around the image that ties in Starbucks with the caption. I wonder if the text would have been better with a left margin setup instead of centered .. as I find that when using an image that is less than 50 percent of the caption size, it's better to have it lined up to the picture instead of having some dead space on both sides of the text. Usually my text box is almost in a "justified" alignment in how I set it up, even though it's actually centered inside.
Oh, and I received a month of Core from a member / former member of the Haven, so I was able to upload this video I made for those who watch my page at Deviant Art. Figured it'd be great to post upload it here too!
Hope people get to see this blog post. Things have been really slow here on Blogger. At this moment where I'm writing this up, none of the blogs I'm following has a post up newer than a week! And that last post on Sunday, is VERY slow to be viewed, and it's less than 400 views since it's been posted about 48 hours ago!
So if you belong to Deviant Art, please look be up there and be sure to follow me. I honestly have no idea how much longer Google is going to "SUPPORT" blogger going forward. I plan on posting here until the wheels fall off, but truly .. I have no idea when that will happen!





No comments:
Post a Comment