Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Stroker Ace .. Was Born to Race!


It was a caption challenge on Evie's Discord Channel .. so I referenced a 40 year old movie. Hmmmm ..



Well, the "racing jacket" brought that out of me, especially since the main character of the movie is named, "Stroker Ace" which I am sure must have flown right over the censors head's, right?

Here's the trailer for everyone that wasn't around back then, or is a big Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson fan .. or perhaps a Stan for Bubba Smith or Jim Nabors?


Doesn't it make you want to rush out and watch the movie? I wonder if it's on any streaming services. I remember it being on cable when I was a young boy, and liked the racing well enough, and it had the Bandit in a chicken outfit with silly feet, so it definitely killed time for me when there wasn't anything else to watch. I even picked it up in the early 2000's when Walmart had it on DVD in the 3 dollar bin. Doesn't quite hold up, but it's silly, and possibly derailed Burt Reynolds career as a real leading man .. he reportedly turned down "Terms of Endearment" to star in this movie! Yikes!

Now that I've talked about the movie, the picture was supplied by someone in the Caption Challenge, and in another section of Evie's channel, people had been talking about F1nnster and .. I just sort of conflated the movie with the guy who's now truly an eGirl. I won't get into his story too much, as honestly, I have had enough issues with getting flagged, but it's definitely an interesting story, and one that I'm sure seems inspired by many of the TG captions and stories you've undoubtedly been viewing all these years. Seems fake, but pretty legit .. although the denials seem to fall on deaf ears more often now.

So anyway, you put those two things together, and you've got this pop-culture mélange of Dee-ness that is a good representation of where my brain is at during any random moment. Not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing, but either way, I'm living my life the way I know how.

So let me know what you think, and are there any  other obscure 80's movies you'd like to see done up in a TG format? I won't mind you giving me some inspiration! Maybe I'll have something to re-watch if I haven't seen it in a whole bunch of years!

The caption title comes from the first line of a pretty good title song by Charlie Daniels. Here's the video. It's not as epic as Jerry Reed's "Eastbound and Down" but it's memorable.



4 comments:

  1. oh, that looks like a fast woman....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of his trademark mustache, she now had trademark boobs! Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! He literally spent 4 minutes looking at Loni Anderson's in the movie. Lucky bastard got to see them in real life too!

      Delete