Saturday, December 18, 2021

A Christmas Sight for Sore Eyes!


It can change your point of view if THIS is your point of view!


Some people love to travel during the holidays, and others are much more homebound .. and there are some that are right in the Goldilocks zone of sticking around, but travelling a bit to see friends and family. Where do I fit in?

I am in that fuzzy middle. I like to spend time by myself, and with close friends and loved ones .. wherever that may be. We used to go and visit the GF's family on Christmas Day, which was about 3 1/2 hours from our apartment. It was hectic, but also a lot of fun too. This year, with the new GF, we'll be gong to see her sister and her hubby and kids .. and it's only about 90 minutes away. It'll be the first time .. in the last month or so, I've met much of what is left of her kin .. and it's been a bunch of "welcome to the family!" which does warm my heart. I've also gotten Christmas cards from my forever person's family and friends too. So, I've been adopted now by a few families, as mine shrinks a bit more (my grandma died about a week+ ago) but perceptions about just WHO is a relative have changed for me in the last 2 years.

It's so much less about blood now, and more about who is accepting of me, flaws and all. And that means more to me than it ever did before. I hope that it is the same for you .. and that you can share the love with everyone in your circle, in real life and here in our online community. You are part of my family, regardless of where you live. Each one of you are in my heart and in my mind.

We've got more captions coming! I promise you that much! Please do comment, and share the love with other blogs as well. Let them know how much you appreciate them!



8 comments:

  1. ...sorry about your grandma, especially at this time of year.... maybe sometimes family is what we make it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona! You caption has just been posted!

      Delete
  2. A merry xmas , sry about your grandma im sure she is missed im happy too hear the family is growing have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that your grandmother passed recently, Dee.
    My sincerest condolences, sweetie. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was lucky to have 2 grandmothers for a long time. Now I have no grandparents left. Then again, my daughter only has one grandparent left (and one parent too. That would be me) and she's only in her early 20's, so once again, I feel very lucky.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about your grandmother, but also pleased to hear about your multiple adoptions. For what it is worth, you are a light that continues to shine in the darkness for many many people. May you feel lit up and in the light and warmth of others' love as often as you shine it to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joanna. Such kind words and I appreciate every single one of them. Beacons guide us when we are lost, and I've relied on others beams in my moments of need too!

      Delete