Sunday, September 19, 2021

A Walk in the Park .. With No Place to Sit Down?


Could it be? No, it just CAN'T be! The anticipation must be driving you all insane!


Well, there it is. I just KNEW I had to make one before the end of the year, and I saw this image, and the idea came to me, and I just had to work with it. Plus, I had never made one of these for Licy Biest, and she's always so sweet with her comments .. and she's a great captioner too!

As you know, from when I started making these, this universe has gotten quite meta, with arbitrary rules that suit me when they need to. With this one, I thought, "do I even NEED to have that magical device *IN* the caption at all?" and from there, I thought that its absence was exactly what would drive the story, and keep things interesting to me, and hopefully everyone out there that is reading it now.

And as Nigel Tufnel says, "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever." which is followed up by, "It's just that little turn-about." from David St. Hubbins. Maybe I went a little over to the stupid side by being TOO clever, but hey, I never said I was brilliant. That's for everyone ELSE to say to me!

So, I hope that everyone is out there living their best life, and their BIEST life too, so that all your dreams will become realities .. even if someone else moves the goal posts, or just all the benches, so that you have to sit in the grass and enjoy yourself, every inch of yourself. Just don't catch a heel on the turf!



8 comments:

  1. A bench caption without a bench in it? It's such a crazy idea that it just... might... work!

    Great cap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cap....
    I love the idea of magical objects scattered randomly around the world and how you can find yourself trapped when the real world interferes....
    All I can think of is....where are my house keys?
    They're certainly not in that dress!!!!
    A fun bench cap....
    Going to have to start watching those parks department trucks....
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's really going to have to start carrying a purse of some sort!

      Figured you'd enjoy this one, especially the ironic part of 'no bench' in a bench caption! It's quite the concept!

      Delete
  3. Love this cap, picture and story! As a former park director, wonder why I never had a bench like that in my system? Guess if I did, I would have made daily inspections of the parks! More like this please! Love, Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you had control over an entire park? Sounds like a lot of fun, well other than filling out permits and making sure Smokey the Bear isn't shitting in your woods! If there was a bench in your jurisdiction like this, I'm sure you'd share it with all of us!

      Delete
  4. Maybe the real magical bench was the caps we read along the way? ;)

    Really like this one. The missing bench made me think of a scenario where the park itself was the magical source and the bench merely a locus or lens that focused it. Which makes me wonder: if a gazebo or snack cart or speaker's podium was plunked in that spot instead, how might that affect the transformation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that could definitely be a thing. In that location, I would think that she would be in the right area where the bench was, so in this case, it'd have to be the bench I would imagine.

      Your scenario would be lots of fun if there were a group of boys playing baseball in that field. "I've got it, I've got it .. OMG I've got it bad right now!" and then cowers as the ball plummets to the ground.

      Delete