Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Winning the Big Prize!


Summer always seems to last much longer when you are young!


I honestly went into Tuesday night not really having any idea where I was going in making a caption. I just wanted to create something, so I went through a bunch of old pictures I had saved, looking for an image that might lead to some sort of spark.

I found this one, and thought, hmmmmm, prizes are never really any good until you start saving up all your tickets. From there, the rest of it all fell into place. Once I had the nostalgia and age regression angle, I definitely had my ending .. as you always start with the best prize available with your amount of tickets, then work your way back; so at the end, you're picking between a superball and plastic spider rings!

Hope I've brought a bit of nostalgia to everyone out there! What "fad" do you remember the girls doing or collecting when you were young? I can remember jelly bracelets and jelly shoes, REALLY oversized shirts, braided friendship bracelets, painters caps, Lisa Frank Trapper Keepers, florescent earrings that looked like fishing lures, and so many other things! Tell me the stuff you recall nostalgically!


4 comments:

  1. I remember the days of the amusement parks and arcade games. Only thing is my arcades did not have prizes like this to become female. My how have times changed. Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was young, it was mostly in the arcades at Amusement Parks. Over the last 20 years or so, it's places like Dave and Busters, which is a bar / restaurant that also has games. I was always pretty good at Skee Ball, and great at Trivia, so I do fairly well there!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I don't recall that many fads. Snap bracelets were briefly a thing, as were huge watch faces with fabric straps.

    It's always the power ball, however, just... always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you remember at least a few things. Like you don't remember that huge legged jeans (JNCO jeans) where you couldn't even see the person's feet? LOL

      Delete