Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Love Shack? Sugar Shack? Little Hut of Evil?


I thought it would be interesting to do a sort of willing / unwilling combo platter!


Made this one for Nadine, who hasn't been back to the Haven since January 12th or so. Crap, I just realized that she might not know that Rachel passed away! Uggh.

Anyway, I saw the picture and thought of Nadine, mostly because of her boots, but also because I found the photo interesting, and something that could draw a good plot from my twisted mind, especially once I cropped some of the background out of it to benefit my nefarious plans.

I consider this to be more of a mood caption, where I just lay down some elements down, and let the picture breathe on its own. More of a whole gestalt overall. With that in mind, I think I succeeded.

And even though Nadine hasn't seen this caption yet. The former Jillisa, and now current Jennifer Elizabeth, commented the following: "Is this what the B-52's were singing about all this time? Although, "Little Hut of Evil" does sound way more up Dee's alley, and possibly franchise-able."

I love when comments spark something in me, or just contribute to a discussion .. as there *IS* a story behind the title of this caption. Here's my response: 

"You are on to something Jennifer! It's definitely musical! I often have trouble coming up with titles for captions, and Love Shack is by the B52's, and Sugar Shack was a song in the 1960's that I merged in my head with a Nancy Sinatra song, "Sugar Town" and then the rhythm of the two put together got me in the mind of a P.J. Harvey song, "Down by the Water" with a chorus that goes, "Little Fish, Big Fish, Swimming in the Water. Come back here, man, and give me my daughter." 

So yeah. Ummm, hopefully you liked the caption too? At the least, I have an idea for a new chain serving Dee-licious, Dee-cadent, Dee-lectables of dee-cent quality."

It's a pleasure when I can interact with you down in the comment section. Please indulge me and let's chat about this caption, and what else you would like to see on this blog in the coming months ahead!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a Long HOT Woman in a Black Dress....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got the short skirt, now she just needs the looooonnnnng jacket!

      Delete
  2. "Love Shack" may be the song I like least. On the other hand I've had an awesome time at a couple sugar shacks so I guess this all works out.

    Of course, perhaps there was a need for a .2mm diameter transistor, and Henri was just looking for a radio shack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely was looking for the Little Hut of Evil!

      Love Shack is a decent song when you get up with friends and sing it at Karaoke! I much prefer the B52's older hits though.

      Delete