Sunday, January 17, 2021

Let Us NEVER Talk of These Captions Again!


Maybe this once. At least they are not unfinished any longer! 


I was gong through the captions I've made over the last 6 months or so, and came across a few that I hadn't posted, or some that only had a sentence or two in them, before I had moved on to other things more pressing, or perhaps I had sobered up in the morning and thought, "what they hell was I thinking?" Another option is that I was trying to force myself to write, and threw a picture into a caption setting and said, "just write something dammit!" So yeah, perhaps cursed from the start, or maybe I had an idea in mind that I couldn't flesh out in a way I wanted.

For the first one, I only had the picture and the first sentence. I decided to finish it up because .. I don't want to have to keep confronting it each time I go back into the D'arkhives any longer. The premise is right in the picture ..how hard could it be to write something up? Yeah, without making it crass and borderline offensive .. not as easy as you'd think! Let me know if I succeeded, or need to attend a racial sensitivity class. I mean, how stereotypical can you get .. of course guys name Chad are lily white!


This one was mostly completed, except for a recipient back in December of 2019! At the time, I was posting Christmas captions, so it go put on hold for that reason, but also because I thought it sucked donkey balls, and not in the good way. The dress looked hideous, the picture looked like it was shot in 2004 on a 640x480 max digital camera, and the write up was so damn lame. Honestly, would you have clicked on a blog post with this image as the teaser? No way in hell I bet!


For this one, started back in November of 2019(!) I thought I had a pretty good set-up with the introductory paragraph. And it was a good start. But when I kept going back, I really couldn't think of anything that was not tread upon by many other writers and captioners. Classic set-up but I figured my follow-through would not be anything worth reading, and I'd made quite a few captions like this one .. maybe not as hard-core as this one, but yeah .. so if you'd like to tackle this one on your own, please send me a write-up and if it works, and fits in (there's a good amount of text space there!) .. maybe I'll rework it and upload it in an upcoming blog post in the near future. I don't mind sharing with others, especially if it's a new and unusual take on a well worn trope in TG fiction.


Lastly, I am pretty sure I haven't posted this one yet, unless it is inside another post that had a different caption teaser attached to it. Sadly, it's another case of "I didn't think anyone would click on it." if it was the lead in a blog post. I like the story, and it's executed well. Just not everyone wants to look at a model shaped like that if they are wanting wish-fulfillment captions. Bit of a shame, but that's how it is.


And so as to not end this on a complete downer, here's one that isn't really much of a caption, but more of an exercise to see what I could do with photoshop and some plugins from online. Made back in August 2019, I didn't think it was enough to post on it's own, so here it is now.

Other than getting these out for public consumption, this post also let me rediscover a caption I had started for Kaaren back in September of 2019, that I had written myself into a corner .. and I am going to try to tackle it and finish it up when I can get some motivation and a good idea to take it up a notch. I'm hoping I can do the picture, and Kaaren, justice so don't expect anything right away!

Do you actually like any of these? None of them want to make you throw up in your mouth a little? Please tell me which ones you liked, and why. Maybe I can learn something from these little mutant captions, that perhaps the captions of Dr. Moreau might have a second life!

6 comments:

  1. I love the first one. I think you flirted perfectly with the racist stereotypes, especially since Chad was sort of self-aware, and that final line about the cork and the bunghole is priceless!

    I agree that the second one looks hideous, definitely an amateur crossdressing experience, but I like how you played on that.

    Hey, don't sell the last one short! Some of us appreciate a more full-figured woman, and a realistic body type can enhance the right caption - which I think you captured well, especially with the contrast between 'basics' and 'sexy'. I feel like you have posted this one before, but I still love it.

    Oh, and the faux Instagram post is cute, but I really want to see that long-lingering Kaaren caption. No pressure, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally! I knew I was walking a fine line in the 1st one. I won't protest too much if someone thinks I walked all over it. Making it self-aware, and sort of self-correcting helps, at least I think so. And yeah, that last line only took like 6 months and 2 minutes before the caption was done for me to write it. Sometimes clever needs a distinct deadline!

      And for the last one, I do agree with you about full-figured women .. but the click stats don't lie. It had been posted on the Haven, so you might have seen it there, but as I said above, it might have been posted here too, I just couldn't find it with the few keywords I tried, and Wendy hasn't been on the Haven in some time .. hoping she is alright too, considering the disappearance of both Dawn and Helena as well.

      I am looking forward to the Kaaren one too, if I can ever finish it!

      Delete
  2. I personally liked the last one and wouldn't mind seeing more of them. It's nice seeing them in a new way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which last one? The BBW one or the Instagram one?

      Delete
    2. The instagram one.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for replying. Maybe there's a chance I'll do some "micro" captions if it's a slow day here on the blog!

      Delete