Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Definitely Not the Gift Ron Wanted, but Maybe the Gift He Needed?


For once, a picture with the date stamped on it helps me out big time with a caption!


Made this for Ron (RMP) and apparently I'm still under the spell of the Christmas Season. I guess it beats thinking about World War III or our planet burning to the ground! Although January 6th hasn't happened yet (well it wasn't when I actually WROTE the caption and this blog post!) which is the official 12th day of Christmas, so I think I got this caption in under the wire. I actually know a few people that don't open their gifts until Epiphany.

But, I figure we could still use some cheer in 2020. Why wait until the end of THIS year to have something to be happy about! And this is the first caption I've made in 2020 so I'm glad to get something made, as I hadn't had much desire recently.

Didn't help that the Patriots shit the bed royally. Or perhaps the Pats offense shit the bed. And now for the first time in a LONG time, there is a huge amount of uncertainly involving the New England football team. Definitely uncharted waters, and I'm sure everyone that isn't a fan of the Brady is reveling in this setback. We shall see if any of them take back their words if Tom ends up being THEIR team's QB in 2020.

Is everyone ready to start up a regular schedule again? I am! Love the holiday season, but it is so disruptive to the usual rut that is day to day life. I will finally get to settle down again, work a normal schedule again (well, other than MLK day in a few weeks!) and get back to the grind. At least that is what I tell myself .. something tells me already that 2020 is going to be one of those years where everything is going to be turned on its head, though I'd love to be proven wrong!

I don't know about you, but I hope that Damien / Dee ends up helping Mom out a bit more. Seems like she got the short end of the stick here, at least looks wise! I'm sure Dee made sure that her new Daddy ended up in a Gaston type body so he got the queen he deserved!


6 comments:

  1. Oh my....poor Mom.....imagine the handover of her dresser full of frills and taking on his dresser full of cotton boxers!!!! It's like a scary Halloween movie....it sends chills down my spine!!!!!
    Kisses
    kaaren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the fact that even at 7 years old, Dee knew exactly what she wanted. Santa never brought me a Princess Magic Wand, but I guess there's always next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He brought you a magic wand, but it just happens to vibrate, not give out magical powers!

      Delete
  3. Lovely cap, and it's indeed better to be in the Christmas Spirit thanto worry about all what's happpening in the world. It's better to br positive, as long as we don't go in denial about the disasters, either man made or natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it'd be nice to keep the Christmas Spirit alive for at least a few months at a time!

      Delete