Wednesday, November 27, 2019

How to Deal with the Family at Thanksgiving!


Why not try to use their paranoia and world view against them?


Well, this year we are spending Thanksgiving dinner alone, just the GF and I .. so we have a small turkey breast, some homemade stuffing and a veggie steak for me. We will then visit some relatives later who decided to go to a restaurant and forgot to invite us! EESH! With that in mind, I definitely had to go back to my re-post my 2015 Thanksgiving caption. Nothing like feeling not wanted! And remember, if you didn't see it back then, IT'S NEW TO YOU, DAMMIT!

I was sitting here trying to make a caption and got to thinking about how I will deal with my family tomorrow at Thanksgiving. I definitely have different political views with just about all of them, and I still think that believe I'm not eating meat just to be difficult. I can only imagine what would happen if I ever came out to them as "transitioning" since I've heard all the damn Caitlyn Jenner jokes. At least my daughter is big into LGBT issues and says things to them like, "well she can be whichever gender she feels like, you'll ALWAYS be an asshole .. and there is no surgery to fix THAT!" Yeah, she certainly takes after me in saying what she feels to just about anyone within listening distance.

So, with that in mind, I saw this picture. The first thing I thought is, "Well, she won't catch scurvy!" and immediately I thought, "that HAS to be a way to make Thanksgiving less awkward. One of the big prefixes for illness seems to be ROTO- so I figured I'd just tack that onto scurvy and write myself an amusing holiday caption about using people's stupidity against them.

I don't think my relatives would fall for it, but hey .. maybe they'll accept it for what it is at face value, knowing they'd rather not hear the actual truth."So your kid is one of THOSE Kardashian types, eh? "Not at all Bill! She's a victim of a big government conspiracy, but perhaps I've said too much. God knows, they could come after your kids next!"

I don't want anyone to think I'm making light of people transitioning and the often serious issues that arise when family members aren't accepting. This, if anything, is trying to take the piss out of those that aren't reasonable and make us chuckle at how stupid they are to see that it is still the same person they've alway been fundamentally. Lets hope society can be progressively tolerant as we face what will be a much better future

.Hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving tomorrow has a safe and joyous holiday for both you, your friends, and your family, no matter how different they are from you!

What was the most uncomfortable moment you've had at a family gathering? Did it involve you, or were you just an observer? How would your family deal with the situation happening as in the caption? Leave a comment below about these questions or talk about the caption itself!


Apparently Youtube keeps taking down the entire Thanksgiving episode of WKRP, so here at least is the best scene(s) from it. You should watch this every year! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. Image uploaded is too small to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As God as my witness... I thought turkeys could fly"

    Classic clip and a classic cap. Thanks Dee! I hope you know we're always thankful that you're putting out the fine great funny sexy classic an d new caps. I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up going very well, in fact, I don't think we'll ever cook a full turkey again, since all the different sections take various amounts of time to cook. It was so much easier cooking the dark meat with the stuffing, and the turkey breast I did in a pressure cooker. Took like 20 minutes to cook a couple pounds of meat!

      And I'm thankful that you are still kicking around here too. You were a big part of getting me to post here regularly, and your thoughtful comments drove quite a few discussions through the years!

      Delete