Thursday, July 11, 2019

Mix and Match and Everything's Clashed!


Is your name Roger? Then this MIGHT just be your lucky day! Blog exclusive inside!


For some reason, back at the beginning of June, I started making this caption, and I just couldn't really find a way to complete it. The caption stalled right at the end of my dialog. I saved it, then never went back to finishing it, and once again, I'm not sure why I couldn't figure something out.

So I took it into Photoshop and decided to finish it up, no matter how unoriginal it might seem. I thought the easiest way to end it without going into a few more paragraphs was just to move along and get Roger out of the house wearing something else that was tacky or out of fashion. I almost went with leg warmers, but what guy owns a pair of those? Leather jackets and trench coats never really go out of style, and As far as I was concerned, Roger was completely dressed.

I ended up just running through some clothing fads in my brain, and things like the big jnco jeans where it looked like you had no feet was thought about, swatch watches, jorts, backwards clothing and others, but finally I settled on Member's Only jackets. Pretty dorky no matter who was wearing them, and if I used that, I didn't have to think anymore. Thinking was hurting me too much today!

And there you have it. A perfectly meh, C grade caption. All that wait, for nothing spectacular. But I did finish it .. and since I didn't want to gift it to anyone in particular .. every Roger on the planet that visits my blog gets himself a hypnosis caption. Pretty sweet, all you various Rogers, like Roger Starbach, Roger Waters, and even Kenny Rogers.



Speaking of .. I just had a weird thought. Yeah, I know! Dee having a weird thought? Never happens! Anyway, for some reason, one of the songs I think of with Kenny Rogers is "She Believes In Me" about an unsuccessful musician and the shit his wife puts up with while he's trying to fulfill his dreams. I always assumed he was a shitty musician and she should have left him years ago because he spends his nights playing in redneck bars or sitting in the basement writing songs when he could be paying attention to someone who obviously loves him. To me it's obvious that at the end of the song, he gives up his dream, takes a soul-crushing job, and kills himself some drunken night.

Anyway, I just thought how much more interesting it would have been if Kenny's character was a drag queen instead. That he's spending his nights out trying out drag routines while his wife is at home, waiting for him to come in. Then in the second verse, he sees an old gown, and is drawn to it like a guitar to the original singer, and ends up dressing and mincing around.

So just take the words in the video and make them a bit more drag oriented instead of "songs". In this version, does the story end just as sad, or do they go through a journey of discovery and soul-searching .. leading to a renewed act where she dominates the hell out of him on stage, with him ending up being a sissy minion that does her bidding sexually? Just saying, I like that version better!

Anyway, this is a blog exclusive, so tell me if you liked the caption, and what articles of clothing would have been better than what I chose? Also, give me feedback on the She Believes in Me storyline I just generated. And with all the plastic surgery that Kenny has been through, it wouldn't have shocked me if my idea rang just a bit true with him .. choking his roaster in a pretty little gown, singing cabaret songs!

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you may think of it yourself, I think it's a very entertaining caption.

    Ha, I have the image of Kenny Rogers as a Drag Queen in my head, and thanks to the fact that he is mostly known for his duet with Dolly Parton around here, guess who he's trying to mimic.

    As for your idea for She Believes in Me, maybe you could make it an entry for this months cantest at the Haven. The theme is music, so that would fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I sort of had that image of Kenny Rogers in my head too, and it's quite disturbing in a lurid way! LOL

      As for entering the idea into the contest, I think it would take too much explaining, plus I'm an alternate judge if need be.

      But don't despair! Thinking about Kenny Rogers songs while looking at captions gave me an idea for ANOTHER caption, which I should post tonight!

      Delete