Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hey You .. With the Raccoons In Your Eyes!


Well. if THAT doesn't sound like a clickbait title, I don't know what does? Come inside!


Made this one for DSS25, aka Desiree. As mentioned in a previous post, I had to do my best to not overwrite this caption, as I had quite a storyline in my head. It took some editing, condensing, and discipline to keep the final version the way it was. It really sucks when you have to keep some things off the page when there is too much plot stuck in your head that you can't use where you want it.

 It's just the nature of the game I guess though. You can only write what comes into your head.

I don't do this anymore, but occasionally when I was starting out, I'd take an older caption I'd created before and try to see what I would write for it now under whatever mind set I was in right at the moment. It was a good writing exercise, and I do recommend it for those people looking to sharpen up their skills and look at something from a different point of view. Hell, you can do it with my captions too. Just take a look at the picture, without paying attention to the title or text inside ... and see what you can come up with. Another way would be to take a look at one picture, and the title of the previous caption, and try to write up a story in that sense, with a disparate image to the title. Maybe you'll make something really interesting. Worst case is, it'll be a silly mess that no one else will ever see!

So, the divisional round of the NFL Playoffs went true to form, as every team with a bye week won the game, though Philly did give New Orleans a bit of a scare. Patriots won fairly convincingly, but I would still prefer them being the home team. They don't play well on the road. I can't complain too much though, as this is the EIGHTH straight year in a row that they have made the AFC Championship game! That is literally a record that should never be broken unless the Patriots can do it again next year. So, for this week at least, I get to gloat about the goat!


1 comment:

  1. Nice progression, and I love how open-ended it is. You can read whatever you like into who the witch was, why she did it, and what gender the roommate is.

    ReplyDelete