Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Charles Foster Kane Grinches Scrooge! The Christmas Dream!


Of fucking COURSE Die Hard is a Christmas movie!


Had to make a caption. It has been an eventful Christmas Eve and Day, and I will probably let people know more about it as I get a bit of distance from it. My family and I are all safe so don't worry about something like that. Just ended up with Christmas not happening exactly the way we wanted it to be.

SOOOO, I was responding to people's comments in the Christmas blog post, which you STILL can do if you have not yet, and I thought, I really need a distraction .. let us see if I have another caption in me to keep this run going, and give me another day or two to relax and sort things out. Being creative can help me figure out other ways to think about stuff I'd rather not deal with.

I went through the pictures I had saved for the Xmas holiday, and came across this one, and thought about all the holiday movies that were playing on the TV while visiting friends and family over the last few days. Then for some reason it hit me that I should write a caption about it .. so it's META. It is still a fun caption, even though it's disjointed.

And of course it doesn't quite make sense. It's supposed to be a dream! Can you name all the movies that are being referenced? I bet you can! I just went quickly through my brain to link a few together as best I could, as I didn't want to labor through this ... just write it and put it up on the blog.

I hope this finds you all in the best of spirits and that you and your loved ones are safe and comfy. That is the best thing in the world, to know that everything is exactly where it is supposed to be.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about a well-stuffed stocking . . . I caught at least 8. :)

    Sorry your Christmas wasn't what you expected it to be. Mine was, both good and bad, so I'm just glad it's over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see .. Citizen Kane, Scrooge, Muppet Christmas, Christmas Story, Inception, It's a Wonderful Life, Trading Places, Miracle on 34th St. The Grinch, and of course, Kill Bill.

      Just kidding on that last one!

      I still hope that overall the bad stuff was much better than the good for you!

      Delete