Saturday, October 27, 2018

That Isn't Quite Cardinal Red, Is It? #Flashback


Another long, strange trip this World Series has been! Did I mention LOOOONG?!?


I felt much better about the Red Sox in the World Series a few days ago. Back before they played an 18 inning game in LA and lost 3-2. I think they are losing now so the series could be back tied at 2 games a piece. Figured I'd make a flashback posting from 5 years ago, highlighting a caption I made for Hailey Pixley  (who is a Cardinals fan) and one that Helena made for me as well.

Here is what I had to say about this caption back in November 2013:

Usually the losing team makes a caption for the winner but I was in a good mood and wanted to rub in my baseball teams good fortune on a TG blogger friend and I had a good picture to make one with. It was a case where I could put down fairly easily what I had in my head and craft it around the image I had saved beforehand. I think she should have to post this to HER blog, don't you think?

For those that weren't following it back then, or chose to forget somehow LOL I explained it to Ian who lives in jolly old England in the comment section:

Mostly, a bunch of Red Sox grew "playoff beards" WAY early so by the time the World Series arrived, it looked like a bunch of drunken Amish guys were playing for the Red Sox. Fans wore fake beards to the games, and had T-shirts that said, "Fear the Beards".

That seems like so long ago!  Helena commented about the caption she made for me, which I will post following her comment. And yes, Helena. I think you chose the colors wisely.

Great cap, but now you have me wondering, did I use the right shade of red for the cap I made for you? ;)


Nobody wanted to cough up their favorite sports teams! I can understand that, as perhaps they are or were your local team when you were a youngster or still live in that area. I was just looking to see if there were any rivalries I could stoke up. For instance, I am pretty sure that Caitlyn Masked is a big fan of either the Michigan or Michigan State college football team. Probably doesn't matter which one I assume; they are from the same state so she probably loves them equally!

I hope that no one within the range of my blog had to deal with the shooting today at the synagogue in Pittsburgh. I wish that people weren't so filled with hatred for those they don't understand because they are different; blindly listening to leaders looking to obfuscate their own actions and play up one group of people against another to benefit themselves while knocking everyone else down. Stand up for yourselves, my brothers and sisters, or those who choose to be both .. and demand that all be treated equal, together as one.

So for comments tonight, feel free to talk about either of the captions, what team you are a complete die-hard fan of, or ummmm, how's your weekend going?


Little sisters of the sun lit Candles in the rain.
Fed the world on oats and raisins, Candles in the rain ..
To be there is to remember, Lay it down again.
Lay down, Lay down, Lay it down again.
Men can live as brothers, Candles in the rain..

5 comments:

  1. Could you swap me with my friends girlfriend? Maybe she is left thinking she's always been me, whilst I'm left to resume her life as her. Possibly do it at a Halloween party where she was dressed as Black Widow and her boyfriend, my friend as deadpool? Her name is Jessie. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see what I can do, though that seems a tall order for how specific it is. If I can find something that fits, I would definitely do it.

      Keep popping back in, you'll never know!

      Delete
  2. I don't know that I had ever seen red stockings before, but they're certainly striking! Thanks for the two great caps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are usually in a version of tights, not thin pantyhose or stocking material. Glad you enjoyed!

      and the Sox came from behind to win in the 9th inning!

      Delete
    2. I've even worn red pantyhose, one of the perks of growing up in the seventies :D
      Glad you liked my cap as wel, Tiffany.

      I wonder Dee, I post the caption on the Haven, and the Red Sox win the World Series. You post it here, and they win again. Maybe it works as a lucky charm if it is posted ;)

      Delete