Monday, October 2, 2017

Who Gamed Who? The Political Feminization of Josh!


When you create certain terms to make a case, make sure they can't be used against you!


This was one of a few captions I had that didn't have an intended target. Josh/Alexis asked a question in my AMA back a week or two, and VIOLA! She's the star of a caption! Funny how that works?!?

My idea is that somehow Josh's girlfriend was trying to make her boyfriend less male aggressive and more understanding to females and the LGBTQ+ crowd (did I get all the letters correct and in the right order?) and somehow it went completely overboard, as things like that could do. Maybe Josh really does feel like that, OR he is enjoying pushing his girlfriends buttons again, while making a statement about the cult of victimization and how it can be appropriated. Then again, he could just be so brainwashed he is delusional and honestly thinks he is going to be a woman soon.

I think most people know my politics by now, and so I shouldn't have to explain myself, other than I hope people realize I was tweaking them playfully, and not with any harsh intent. We can be serious when it comes to TG concerns, yet still have fun realizing we have some silly tropes and ideas too.

Feel free to comment on the caption itself, and I would be remiss if I didn't link to a bit of comedy from Patton Oswalt that influenced this caption in idea and completion. Please listen to the whole thing, he makes lots of great points.


13 comments:

  1. Dee I try really hard to stay away from anything that will rile up the Social Justice Warriors....
    These people are infected with what Orwell called "groupthink" and any deviation from the pre-approved script has to be attacked and squashed ...
    It's all for the good of the whole!!!!
    I have deleted posts and edited posts just to make sure I don't get on the "wrong" side.....and hell. I post stuff about sucking black mens cocks!!!!!
    It's funny to poke fun at them until they decide its not funny anymore and turn into the angry villagers with their torches and pickforks!!!
    I am almost never political in any way but I have deleted comments accusing me of racism, sexism, homophobia.....and so on.....
    Truth be told I don't really give a flying fuck what any of these people have to say but it is really annoying having to go into the dashboard and delete them.....
    OK Sorry I used your blog as a soapbox!!!!
    If I heard this nonsense coming out of my boyfriends mouth I'd be hard-pressed not to give him a solid punch in the nose!!!!!
    Phew.....sorry but you got me all worked up there.....
    I got a kick out of the cap though!!!!
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't soapbox among friends then where can you soapbox? All power to your elbow.

      Delete
    2. I use it for a soapbox from time to time, so I certainly don't mind. I've even had relatively civil discussions here about why there should be 'sensible' gun control without it getting all hostile.

      I tend to gravitate to SJW's and didn't even realize what the terminology was until I had to look it up as some person on my GF's newsfeed started with the whole "you libtard SJW blah blah blah" I was like, "how can I argue with a dude who already has lingo, and his mind, already made up?"

      Glad you liked the caption. Tried to keep it as vague as possible with many different outcomes possible.

      Delete
  2. If you can't laugh at yourself, then who can you laugh at? I loved the caption - a brilliant bit of wordplay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the caption, and honestly can't find much in it that is objectionable. Good choice of image, nice little vignette that hints at a broader story within a context that is both accessible and open to deeper meanings should people have a different perspective. In short, it's well-made and, as ever, well thought out.

    On the letters, I liked what I saw being used among SJWs (and SJ Bards, and SJ Thieves and SJ Paladins and SJ Rangers...) a while back: QUILTBAG - it sounds soft and welcoming, like, well, a quilt and it is a bag, so it holds pretty much all kinds of human inside whilst also including a goodly portion of the letters that people use.

    Also, what Sally said, she speaks wise words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, fantastic video. Thank you for bringing him to my attention. He's a clever guy.

      Delete
    2. Not quite sure what a few of those letters are, to be honest!

      Thanks on saying it was well-made. On Facebook, I have friends on both sides of the political spectrum and tend to piss them both off, often at the same time! Hoping that was how this caption played out, give everyone a bit of a nudge at the same moment.

      Patton has been a stand up comedian for a long time, and just started playing "TV's Son of TV's Frank" on the rebooted MST3k. You kids might know him from his voice work as Remy the Rat in Ratatouille, from Pixar. He's known to be THE comic when it comes to Pop Culture so he's definitely one of my favorite comedians.

      Delete
    3. YOU don't know what they mean? I was thinking SJW was Single Jewish Women

      Delete
    4. Fiona, SJW = Social Justice Warrior ... a term that conservatives use to put down liberals. It was defined up in the comments above.

      Delete
  4. Thanks again Dee for including me. Josh would definitely act that way just mess with his gf. Besides when you look that good would being delusional be that bad of an outcome. Although Josh's delusion would be shook pretty hard when there are things about his body that aren't adding up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never a problem with things like this. Now taslking about the Patriots us a whole nother story!

    ReplyDelete