Thursday, May 2, 2019

Sometimes Virtual Reality Is More Reality Than Virtual!


Bryan's only been captioning for less than a week, and he's got multiple persona already!


One of our commenters here on this blog, Bryan Persaw, has joined the ranks of Rachel's Haven, a haunt that I've been admin for since 2009 or so I think. He's starting to make captions, and you can tell he's viewed many as his first few captions are pretty good .. and the "mistakes" aren't exactly mistakes, more like "things you have to learn not to do" .. aka finding a readable font, color matching text to actors, and how to not make them clash on the background, etc ... and from there, it's much easier to figure out a signature style and design for how your captions will look.
\
So anway, I used to break in many trading virgins folders, and this time I knew I had to make something for Byran. Hypnosis and Pantyhose are two of the main things of interest for him, and big hair is close behind .. all things I certainly enjoy, and makes me understand better why this blog site drew his interest in the first place.

With that in mind, I went and found one of my favorite POV pictures and decided to make a caption using the image. It brings to mind VR and hypnosis / mind control mixing together to bring about a desired result. Usually I would star as the antagonist, but Bryan lists a character named Charlie that has been in some of his older stories, so if it's in the preferences, then I will use it.

From there I just fleshed out the story. The heel simulator came to me last. Seems sort of silly, but picturing a sissy boi prancing around on tiptoes in front of the TV,  hooked up to a gaming system, twirling about, dancing with an imaginary prince in a huge hall .. just made me smile.

So much more I could have done with this if I had a second picture to match this one, as I had to cram as much without shrinking the text too much. I am at the very edge of it as it is with what I left in .. and so many ways I could have expanded it with just another panel at my disposal.

So hopefully Bryan will enjoy receiving his first trade caption from me. I will certainly try to help him overcome any issues with captioning he might have .. and if any of you out there are teetering on the fence about making your own .. Bryan did it and you certainly can too! Just take that leap!

Please do comment about this caption, and I'd love to hear about other programs that you think exist on the dark web that could be played on the Playstation's VR unit. Maybe some other hardware accessories that could be plugged into the headset for alternative game-play?


9 comments:

  1. Ive been teetering on making my own for a while and keep putting it off. I guess I need to stop being insecure and worrying about what others might think. Youve always encouraged me to go for it. Ill have to go check out his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making a caption is easy. Making a good caption is relatively easy. Making a well composed caption is harder, but the more you do it, the better you'll get.

      At least half the mistakes go away just by proofreading .. even making it, then coming back the next day to look at it again with fresh eyes will make it better.

      Maybe I'[ll bring back a DIY Caption Challenge again next week to get people motivated!

      Delete
    2. the caption challenge is something id like to try out. I actually made one that i'm happy with yesterday and i mentioned Dee. Would you like to look it over since Dee belongs to you or would i be ok to go ahead and post it to the haven with credit to you? If not i can adjust it.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dee, I remember the first time I read about VR technology many years ago and I thought at the time that it was the future!!!
    But it worried me too.....I thought then, and I still think now, that if you can find a way to trick our brains into believing that what you're seeing is real....if you can find a way to make it feel real....that if you could have any fantasy you desired become real by putting on a headset.....that it would be the end of the human race!
    Why go out when all your dreams are right there at home....
    Why bother with other people when the virtual people will follow your mental script....
    The sex drive is what keeps humanity moving....every new innovation since the first photograph has been all about sex.....and if you can make virtual sex feel like the real thing....well I hope the next civilization does better than we did...
    Oh oh....I got all serious there....do you suppose aside from the heel simulator someone could make a good cock simulator....and just add another feature to the VR helmet.....I'd be all in for that!!!!
    I virtually loved it Dee
    Kisses
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Pretty damn bleak comment there! LOL

      You left out a few innovations before photographs, including typography and movable type .. after the bible, naughty stories tended to be one of the most printed books. Virtual sex will probably be more for those who can't get it the "real" way or have fetishes that wouldn't necessarily be accepted by the general public; say for furries sake, they could 'put' someone into a female dogs body, and make them feel like they are in heat and get mounted by a stud.

      I think a "guy to girl" or "girl to guy" translator would be a fun thing, and possibly even useful. You get into a fight with a significant other, and when it gets to that point where it goes no further, you put on helmets and it'll replay it but you hear and feel it through the other person's thoughts, biases, and feelings.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Dee! I love this one. I wish there was a second picture to match this one. It’s such a fun story.

    To anyone on the fence, it’s pretty easy to learn how to make the captions and the people at the Haven have been incredibly kind and welcoming. Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully people will listen to your example!

      And I'm glad you enjoyed it. I wanted your first trade caption to be a special one, which is why I chose this picture. I loved it, but was cautious about using it as I didn't quite have a good enough story for it, but figured that it would work well enough with your preferences.

      Delete
  4. "a sissy boi prancing around on tiptoes in front of the TV, hooked up to a gaming system, twirling about, dancing with an imaginary prince"

    Oh my, that might get me back into gaming! I could invest heavily in a system like that. I mean, we all can use a little practice, right?

    It does beg the question, was that experience 1 or 2 player, and if it was 2 player, was the other person playing, watching, or perhaps selecting the transformation settings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course, it was even more fun that Alan wasn't playing it on purpose .. or maybe not on purpose at first!

      And making a gamer play out a female character that exhibits submissive traits would be a great training module for real life .. which outfit would draw the most attention from an attractive man, boost excitement levels and passive flirtations tying to self-worth by way of approval of others, etc .. Then again, I think many right-wing people tend to think that is happening in our cultural media of making men girly already!

      Delete