Monday, May 1, 2023

Such a Saucy Wingman!


And hey! I had chicken wings for the 1st time in YEARS last night. They were very good!


As someone that doesn't eat meat often anymore, due to some medical issues I've had in the past .. I spent last night at a sports bar with an old friend of mine, watching the Boston Bruins choke away game 7 of the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Since I can't drink alcohol anymore, I definitely wanted something to mark my return to the bar scene, and they were having a deal on "buffalo" wings at 50 cents a piece, so I ordered some in the spicy Thai configuration. Damn, they were some of the best wings I've ever had, and I'm not just saying that because I wasn't drunk! Nice crispy chicken skin, but still juicy inside, and not the slightest bit greasy. In my heyday, I'd probably have drank 6-9 beers there and eaten like 12-18 of their wings, and been all the happier for it.

And I needed to post something today, and I think this relates well to my excursion last night. Made this a week or two ago, and you can never really go wrong using a hooters girl in a caption, can you? They are the gifts that keep on giving. Trust me, I've eaten wings there before, and they are marginal at best, but the waitresses are always fairly sweet and attentive .. so they usually get a pass. Trying to remember the last time I've been to one .. 15 years ago maybe? It's not a place you say, "Hey hon? Let's round up the kids and head to Hooters!" well, at least my family. Your results may vary!

Straight forward plot line I think. And perhaps Alan should have known better. I mean, he DOES speak in an orange font! I would think that could give away his fate, if only he could read his life story in caption format. Hell, I think it'd be easier if we could see the stage directions and author's notes in our own lives.

Which made me think of this as a discussion question. What sort of stage directions / authors notes would tie into a TG caption? Cite examples! Seems like it could make a good meta caption!


Think I've mentioned this before, but a young Dee was at this show as an early teenager. My parents took us to visit my grandparents, and it was a blast. Cheap Trick is a very underrated band. I believe that Vixen was the opening act. They weren't bad either, but Cheap Trick is just SO GOOD LIVE!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Alan made a BOOBoo......

    (though you even got the name tag! Excellent attention to detail! I likely would have made him TRY for a girl, though, I don't mind if they have a THOUGHT they don't act on)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you caught the nametag. Sometimes it pays to study the image thoroughly. As you know, the Dee-vil is in the Dee-tails!

      Delete