Tuesday, January 17, 2023

It's Not Necessarily A Wonderful Life!


I have no idea honestly where this came from, or where it was going until the very end!


This sort of caption is what happens when you have been sick for the last 4 days, where you end up taking LOTS of cough medicine and apparently have fever dreams when you are trying to caption.

The original idea for this, when I saw the picture, was sort of like what ended up in the caption, except that it was going to be for Miss Simone .. a long time friend of me from the Haven going back like 15 years. A good soul who was somewhat naughty, and had to earn his wings by helping someone on earth.

Then, after I wrote the 1st and 2nd paragraphs, I led into the 3rd with the "Look kid" bit .. thinking that I could start out each of the angels lines with that to keep up continuity, plus it gave a hard boiled 1940's man's man feel to the character, which made him ending up in that body more of a style clash .. and the original ending being something along the lines of, "I'm going to BE HERE stuck in this body for a LONG time!"

So, I got to the 5th paragraph, and started it out again, with "Look Kid" and I just started hearing the angel character as Harrison Ford. And when I tried to write something else, it just had Han Solo or Indiana Jones just telling me, "Look Kid!" and I gave up and went with what I had to do. It was kismet or destiny, or something. Finally, the kid was a perverted pop culture geek, and was going to do his best to stay that way, with help from his sexy angel friend.

If I had room, I'd probably have ended it with a variation of a quote from his famous movie, Ransom .. "Give me back my .. body!" I also like to think that when the nerd is old and just about to die, he says something like, "we need to work harder to save my soul" and the angel says, "I already work around the clock!" or "your cock!" whatever works for you.

Anyone as weird as me, that before you got to the ending, thought to yourself, "Why does the angel sound like Harrison Ford?" Just me? Hmmmmm. There must be SOMEONE else out there.



8 comments:

  1. Gee, why am i thinking Eartha Kitt as Catwoman for the voiceover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Gosh I think more cough medicine is needed to find out why the angel sounded like HF. Or, maybe not. There is a theory your Guardian Angel is matched to your personality and has more wisdom as they've come from a higher place or had more experience when maybe they were corporal or from former charges. The personality makes you more amenable to their guidance. Being sent back as the opposite gender is sometimes required to help the Angel not jeopardize their mission trying to reach out to former acquaintances (they'll always at least be sent back looking different anyway, younger or older and so forth). Many years ago, I've obviously watched far too many sci-fi serials along that line. Right so, lucky Mr HF is now here as a Ms. though maybe not able to act out said scene. True, it's not always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that pop culture has certain expectations about what a guardian angel does and how they act. I was playing with that here, but it sounds like there's even more backstory that I haven't followed. Maybe there will be another guardian angel type caption ahead. Seems like an untapped niche!

      Delete
    2. I love the caption and would love to see more in this niche.

      Delete
  3. Once you pointed out the 'look kid' I could hear it. I don't know if I should be thanking you or cursing you for that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that everyone read the caption through twice, just so that they could hear his voice coming out of her body. I specifically was thinking of how Han talked to Finn in Star Wars VII about how that's not how the force works!

      Delete
    2. Yes I had to read through it twice.

      Delete