Monday, January 9, 2023

Here Comes the .. Bride's Old Boyfriend!


Well, let's turn the social structure on it's ear a little, OK?


Yes, I leaned into it a bit. I thought it might be fun to wave wildly at stereotypical conventions and flaunt them a bit for the shits and giggles. Would you expect anything less? Thought so!

I really liked the picture, thinking it was very colorful, and very celebratory. Everyone had their cellphones out taking snapshots, so I knew there had to be a reason, and of course, it was all TG caption related. Duh! Why else would I be posting it here, amirite?

And I liked the idea of the victim not QUITE deserving, but still a bit guilty, even if it's mostly of the ilk of being pragmatic about everything. I will watch TV shows or books where a rich person is dating someone way outside their social equal, and they are always trying to prove that their love is strong and pure, and not out for money .. and the parents are all bent out of shape yadda yadda yadda. There is usually a bribe of some sort, and the poor person always turns it down, to make them finally see that it has nothing to do with riches or financial security.

Then I think about those old 80's nighttime dramas like Dynasty and Dallas, and how even after they are married, the family is still denigrating the "unworthy" new family members .. so why not save yourself all the anguish, and just walk away with some money that can help your station in life? That is what I thought, and you've now read the caption I made with that in mind.

Now the main question on your mind is probably .. where are here shoes? Well, first off, she's probably not used to heels, and at weddings, women tend to kick them off anyway, especially while dancing. Secondly, so it makes her feel even tinier, and that must also sting, I would think!

So, I hope you enjoyed this, and that perhaps it turned your thoughts around on what the plot was going to be about before you read the story. After about 3k worth of captions, it can be hard to come up with original captions that you haven't made before, never mind everyone else that makes TG content as well. My goal this year is to try to do that if and when I can, and that you'll appreciate the fact that I'm trying not to phone it in and rest of my creative laurels. 


Lots of great songs turning 40 this year. I first heard Queensryche as a young person, listening to a local radio heavy metal show on a Sunday night, headphones on my ears underneath the covers as I was supposed to be sleeping so I'd be fresh for school on Monday Morning. I believe it was a double shot with something from the at the time new album, Operation Mindcrime .. and I love both songs equally. I ended up seeing them a few years later live, and they were great, even though they hardly played any "older" songs like this one.

4 comments:

  1. For whoever had the grudge, its kinda backfired as Jamilla is loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I thought she had an interesting facial expression that made me lean into the situation I had crafted even more. Glad you read it a different way.

      Delete
  2. Fun caption, Dee, and great taste in music (as always). I remember having their Empire cassette on endless repeat in my car when I first met my wife . . . which is probably why she hates them to this day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And hmmm, isn't she your Goddess now? Better not let her see you say that! Or maybe play Operation Mindcrime, and she can cosplay as Sister Mary .. and then spank you!

      Delete