Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Slowly Coming Back to Life!


I got a nasty case of Covid .. and finally starting to breathe somewhat normally again .. here we go!


I wouldn't wish covid on my worst enemy. For any of you who have had it, and just had minor symptoms .. be glad and rejoice. You never know how someone will react, as it has so many different ways of fucking you up!

My fever is gone finally, and I'm down to just lots of head draining, a sore throat, body aches, and a loss of smell. That last point scares me a bit, because that's often an indicator of long covid, and I really don't want that. I can have enough trouble with allergies throughout the year .. no need to add any extra obstacles to my lungs.

Anyway, on that note, I felt good enough to make some Halloween captions .. of which I had none made up going into the weekend. So the plan is to unleash one tonight, one on Friday, and one on Sunday. None of them are particularly original plots, but they should still hit some buttons, and if you don't like them? We can blame it all on covid fog!

First up .. a French maid costume! And not in your standard setting either. All three captions, I pretty much just wrote on the fly, and thought that this might be the best way to end the story here. Let me know what you think below in the comments! For me, I think the least realistic thing about the caption is that I'd be able to afford a place that looked like that!



10 comments:

  1. Glad you are over covid and on the path to good health! Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am definite "OVER" covid in the way that I NEVER want to be anywhere near it again. I like to think that I survived it more than anything else.

      Delete
  2. Phew, hopefully you're soon back to good health! Glad you're over the worst of it and able to get back to doing something you love. The caption is very clever, the heightened emotions flow thru nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the caption. Sometimes, ignoring the situation, or believing thing you know are lies, are the best way to handle the uncomfortable truth!

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. I had COVID back in 2021, it sucked royally. I was incredibly lucky in that I wasn't afflicted with a bad cough for that long afterward and I didn't realise how badly it hit me - allowing me to essentially work through it over video lessons.

    Point? Glad you got through it. Do like the caption. Good, simple, honest fayre that does the job! What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that it truly does affect everyone differently. And I hate those that generalize and trivialize what others have gone through. "I barely even felt it! Hell, I'm in better shape now that I've had it, and pulled double shifts the entire time!" Good for you, fuckface! I don't want to ever hear you complain about a paper cut or any medical procedure EVER!

      Delete
    2. That sounds like a dick move to me. After I'd had it, like months later, was when I realised that it had actually knocked me for six - sure I'd worked through but I was messed up by that experience - and some colleagues were still hacking and coughing all that time later, hence I was lucky. Very lucky. And all this on top of being fully vaccinated - I dread to think what would have happened without that!! In short, fuck that noise from those sorts of people that generalise and trivialise!

      Delete
  4. Hi Dee! Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better! Your choice of music for this post brought back so many memories. This was on of my favorite songs back then and Terri Nunn was so delicious! I put Berlin into my Spotify playlist for the day. Wishing everyone a happy magical Halloween, however you celebrate it.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Terri Nunn was very sexy, though I crush slightly harder for Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons. Pleasure Victims was a great EP, and I'll always have a soft spot for early 80's pop, though I didn't really get into it all until I was older.

      Delete